• tim wood
    There was a question about Baker's well-being. @baker? You good? Anyone?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @tim wood
    Hiya Tim,
    It says on his profile that his account logged in within the last 12 hours so maybe drop a PM to grab his attention?
    Take care,
    Tiff
  • baker
    ↪baker Status?tim wood

Imagine, Tim Wood, if I had a fatal heart attack and the last words you said to me were:

I'll ask the doctor to increase your dose.tim wood
  • baker
    ↪frank I believe baker is a woman. I had Astra Zeneca yesterday and I feel my skin is sensitive and muscles aching. These are listed as common side effects. If Baker got her shot in the left arm that could explain the slight numbness, I'm not sure what "hot flashes" are, and I don't think palpitations are that uncommon; they can be brought on by anxiety for example. But you have more medical experience than I. and I agree with you that it's best to err on the side of caution.Janus

Thank you for your concern. The last two days were quite bad. After the vaccination, I got symptoms as if I had a cold, and then some. The constriction in the chest has mostly subsided, I don't have palpitations anymore, the numbness is my left arm (where I got the injection) is also mostly gone, as is the pain at the injection site (for the first two days, it felt as if someone hit me with a bat there).
    I'm stil tired and I still have no appetite, I'm only very thirsty.

"Hot flashes" are intermittent fever; you get a burst of fever for a few minutes, then it subsides for 10, 15 minutes or longer, and then again a burst.
  • Ambrosia

Hope you recover and are well Baker.

I've heard this happen to a few people now.

I think some people are sensitive to the ingredients,and this is why they should should be voluntary only and people should be amply forewarned of these kind of symptoms.
  • Janus
    I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I felt like crap only for one day with the Astra Zeneca shot. I was given a two page document outlining symptoms to look out for; the common, the more unusual and the rare and serious. Apparently the symptoms I experienced occur in about two thirds of cases according to the document.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.