• FarEastNationThinker65
    Not sure if this is original , I had the idea of what i call "Positive Machiavelli" , I Matt state that " The ends justify the means. But you don't use it to throw people under the bus or to gain power, you use it to gain love. Sometimes money is power, but not all the time." Are their any loopholes in this same pattern of thinking?
  • javi2541997

Are their any loopholes in this same pattern of thinking?FarEastNationThinker65

Yes. Since the moment that Machiavelli theories are only applied on how to rule a state. It is difficult to see the connection of "the ends justify the means" with the "gain of love"
  • TheMadFool
    Not sure if this is original , I had the idea of what i call "Positive Machiavelli" , I Matt state that " The ends justify the means. But you don't use it to throw people under the bus or to gain power, you use it to gain love. Sometimes money is power, but not all the time." Are their any loopholes in this same pattern of thinking?FarEastNationThinker65

Haven't you contradicted yourself there? That the ends justify the means implies you can throw people under the bus to gain "love." Some would say that either you don't understand what love means or you don't have any idea what throwing people under the bus is.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.