• Mikie
    The recall is about two weeks away, and is significant. Right now it's within the margin of error of some polls. I want to see how prescient we are here at the PF.
    1. Who do you predict will win? (5 votes)
        Gavin Newsom
        80%
        One of the many Republicans running against Newsom
        20%
  • tim wood
    Me Newsom.

This from The Atlantic Monthly.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/08/gavin-newsom-california-recall/619848/

"Many don’t realize, though, that the ballot contains two separate questions: first, yes or no on the recall, and then, in case a majority votes to recall Newsom, a ballot that does not include the governor’s name but does include 46 others. Newsom noted, he could receive 49.9 percent of the vote, lose the recall, and be replaced by a governor elected with 14 percent of the vote. This is the way democracy could play out in the largest state in the union—home to 40 million people—and the fifth-largest economy in the world."
  • Shawn
    Californian here. I'm not too hot on Newsom.

I might go with Cox.
  • Mikie

It’s a ridiculous system. There’s also the prospect that this loses the senate, because if Feinstein dies it’s the Republican Governor that will appoint the next one.
  • Mikie
    So much for that.

Glad to see reason prevail. To the one person who voted that Newsom would lose: wishful thinking?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.