• prometheus
    Human beings, just a living organism. Nothing special. It has a certain functionality which is to experience its environment, get biased to certain things and make decisions based on their biases and choices which they themselves do not control but rather it depends on how they get manipulated by others and the environment itself. That is to say that free will isn’t an actual thing, considering that without the existence of an environment with certain characteristics, we wouldn’t either. So it actually depends on how we get manipulated by others which depend on what we become. We entirely are dependent and independence is nothing but a vague metaphor that works as an inspiration. We aren’t capable of making right decisions. Rather what we think to be right, might just be right just because we support it too. Why? Because we are emotional creatures and emotion is the basis of our learning, our interactions.

The way we function is to achieve a perception through our experience and make decisions based on that. We don’t control our perspective, do we? We don’t control our rage against someone, nor the feeling of committing a crime for our own satisfaction just because we can’t. Once a certain node is put into us, a node which is created based on interactions or the ecosystem, it can’t be changed with vague emotional reactions which is exactly how we function. Each and every object in existence has to have certain components and the components are which create that objects. So it is with no wonder that we must have some components too and if someone disagrees then it means that he is the opposition to a heretic. But nonetheless having doubts is a different thing. We just can’t make right decisions. So our decisions aren’t right either.
  • javi2541997

I am right about the fact that we are emotional species and sometimes so emotional that we forget how to use ration or knowledge in our decisions. But this is not related about decision-making pattern at all. I guess establishing what is "right" or not is so subjective. This is why we the humans co-living in many communities established some basic rules to at least not leave it to free interpretation. For example: Discriminate someone because their race or ethnic is bad. This is not open to emotions or "right decisions". Nobody should be allowed to promote theories or propaganda against a group of because they are different just for emotional behaviours.
    But on the other hand, it is true that depending on the context, that emotion should be considered in a right/no right pattern. For example: Stealing the money of a bank because my family is so poor that my Kids are dying of starvation.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.