• Prishon
    I cant sleep a wink. My body wants to lay down and sleep but I can't. I'm too excited or too low on methadone. I dunno. I have the feeling I discovered a truth of the universe. It's physical origin. What there was before, during, and after the big bang. I have studied physics maybe a bit too much but somehow all pieces of quantum fields, curved spacetime, quantum gravity, etc. fell into place. Even things outside the universe(s) seem to have "revealed" themselves... It's too much to bear and freeing at the same time. The whole world looks differently. And how beautiful all people look! Especially my girlfriend and our dog!

But I need some rest. I might go through a psychosis but I know this is not the case. I had one before. This time it feels just as good but this time there is substance. I looked at music on TV to give my mind some rest. But rest don't come easy. Even the dark and quiet of the night seems filled with buzz. So, why telling all this? As an intro for my question. I saw a videoclip for a song and there was a ride through town to be seen. From the driver's perspective. Me and my wife tried to figure out what town it was. I looked at the cars and noticed those French ones were abundant. "It's a French town." And indeed, Paris.

How "far" have we come (or I). to know a place on Earth by the cars there are driving?

Dont look please at the "I"'s and "me"'s too much.
  • Christoffer
    I think it's time for rehab... no?
  • Sir2u
    Especially my girlfriend and our dog!Prishon

Me and my wifePrishon

I hope they are one and the same, or that neither read your post.

How "far" have we come (or I). to know a place on Earth by the cars there are driving?Prishon

You might have been lucky with that guess, but maybe the shop and street signs were recognized at a subconscious level as well. There are always more clues in a scene than we actually realize we see.

Would you have had the same luck if it had been a scene from some place in Asia?
  • Prishon

The first thing I looked to were the shops. But couldnt read. The film was slightly accelerated. FF. But the cars in Paris at morning I knew. Then the Notre Dame (I think) occufed. There were two people on the street with a dog. Tbey were Kaukasian. It would have been different in Asia indeed although I wouldnt be able to guess the city. My girlfriend doesnt mind. She's my wife... But I dont really like to call her like that. Though it could get difficult if she read this! :grin: Luckly shes not interested in my musings here...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.