• Prishon
    I have observed a general phenomenon. I have seen it on many forums already. And I know because I've experienced it myself on a huge number of forums. When giving arguments, comments, reasons, or posing questions. If these are not understood by some then always the accusation of being a troll comes into the spotlight. Now why is that. Please dont answer that is because I am one, because I'm not. Sometimes maybe I spell incorrect because Italian and Dutch are my native tongue. And sometimes I misdirect my big thump because the dials on my phone are so small. My laptop needs a lapup...
  • praxis
    Can you show where you've experienced it on this forum?
  • Prishon
    "I'm beginning to think, like others have opined, that you might be a troll. At first I understood the inability to use the forum tech. After all, I'm no tech guy myself. Then I thought it was your fat fingers on your cell, as you suggested. But there's something more than typos here. Finally, I thought that maybe English wasn't your first language and that maybe you sounded like a fool for that reason. After all, you're a physics guy so you can't be stupid. It must be the language thing. But when you are patently obstinate, I'm inclined to put you on my informal, personal block list. Hmmm. I guess I'll hide and watch."

I will look for the other accusation.

Then we have:

"
    Please stop spamming inane shit"

To happily end with an accusation of somebody telling me I dont understand metaphores and me certainly being a troll.

Now I have seen the real trolls and they are impressive 100ft tall creatures. I think its too much honour for me as a 6ft small guy.
  • javi2541997

I guess you need to somehow "calm down" because you write a lot of discussions and posts (you already have more than 250) per day and this is why probably some people start thinking that you are a troll. This was what exactly happened to @hope some weeks before and he ended up banned...
  • Prishon

What has quantity to do with being a troll? Is it tied to the height of trolls? Or what?
  • Valentinus

I don't think of it as a matter of people necessarily having no recourse than such a response. Trolls do exist. The utility of identifying them during a conversation is certainly worth asking about. I question the utility of you doing so immediately after complaining about it.

I see it as a species of meta-discussion, where the discussion itself comes to dominate the discussion. I have come to regret a number of times when I participated in such.
    They often become traffic circles that don't provide any actual exits.
  • javi2541997
    What has quantity to do with being a troll?Prishon

I don't know if it is related but I am so sure that the moderators of this forum watch over the quality of the discussions. Next time try to be more concise. This is only a wisdom I want give you.
  • Prishon

If there are no exits... Shiver/shake...

Cant I delete this question? I can feel already some shitty things coming up.
  • Prishon

More concise in the sense of less contribution?
  • Valentinus
    Cant I delete this question?Prishon

That is one for the Mods.
    Being a Rocker, I am not qualified to say.
  • praxis

Actual links would be helpful, and this "Please stop spamming inane shit" didn't show up when I searched for it.

Anyway, an accusation of trolling is essentially an ad hom if it's not warranted.
  • javi2541997

No, I mean concise in a context of discussions. Do not make one of those for everything that randomly appeared in your mind.
    But again this is just a wisdom, I am not a moderator.
  • Prishon
    The situation is resolved... The question is luckily gone. I should have counted to 27 before I posted this question! :smile:
  • Prishon

Randomly appears?
  • Sir2u
    That is one for the Mods.
    Being a Rocker, I am not qualified to say.
    Valentinus

That goes back a bit. Did you ever wear a drape suit?
  • TheMadFool
    Troll (definition): Someone who provokes OR abuses others esp. on the internet.

On the internet. Check!
    Are you provoking and/or abusing others?

@Banno Wittgenstein OR Death? Choose! :joke:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.