• 1 Brother James
    Epistemology
    Epistemology is the branch of philosophy concerned with knowledge. Epistemologists study the nature, origin, and scope of knowledge, epistemic justification, the rationality of belief, and various related issues. Epistemology is considered a major subfield of philosophy, along with other major subfields such as ethics, logic, and metaphysics.Wikipedia
    I copied this from DucksDucksGo...
    Question: What is Knowledge, and where does it exist? Question #2: How come the brain is unable to perceive Truth?
    What I find interesting about philosophy is that it does not study how the MIND feeds Delusional Thinking to the Left-Hemisphere of the brain, in the form of words and thoughts, which the brain then thinks is its own thinking. But then neither does the field of psychology study this phenomenon, which is an example of how psychology has been taken-over by Intellectualism. Peace
  • javi2541997
    Peace

Si Vîs Pacem, Parâ Bellum
    If you want peace, prepare to war.
  • unenlightened
    the MIND feeds Delusional Thinking to the Left-Hemisphere of the brain, in the form of words and thoughts, which the brain then thinks is its own thinking.1 Brother James

Is there thinking in words that is not delusional? The thoughts you express, for instance?
  • 1 Brother James
    Peace, as I use it... is not the opposite of war, it is the acquisition of Truth, which ONLY exists in the Pure Spiritual Dimension. Peace
  • 1 Brother James
    I use the term "Delusional" to suggest that the thoughts or words being fed via one's I-MIND to the Left-Hemisphere of the brain are created, thus not Real in an absolute sense. Peace
  • javi2541997

According to your own personal beliefs, what is the Pure Spiritual Dimenson?
  • 1 Brother James
    More specifically to your question... all words are delusional in the sense that they are not Real in an absolute sense. What is Real? That which is permanent and unchanging. For example the Soul, God and Truth. Peace
  • unenlightened
    I use the term "Delusional" to suggest that the thoughts or words being fed via one's I-MIND to the Left-Hemisphere of the brain are created, thus not Real in an absolute sense. Peace1 Brother James

I didn't ask you how you used the term, I asked you if there was non-delusional thinking in words. I see you have a deal of idiosyncratic usages, and so I am concerned with their structural relations as a path to understanding you a little.
  • 1 Brother James
    Pure Spiritual Dimension is [in my own belief] what I refer to as "Neutral Spiritual Energy," or "NSgy" for short. I believe this is the Primordial Energy of Existence, thus what we refer to as God. Peace
  • 1 Brother James
    Idiosyncratic would be one term to use, but would miss the essence of explaining my word usage and the difficulty of conveying phenomena that words cannot normally convey. That is, Spiritual Energy does exist. We refer to it as the Soul, or Spirit. But the terms Soul or Spirit cannot convey theEnergy these terms "stand for". To perceive this Energy, one must use one's faculty of Intuition, which is capable of operating in Invisible dimensions. Peace
  • T Clark
    What I find interesting about philosophy is that it does not study how the MIND feeds Delusional Thinking to the Left-Hemisphere of the brain, in the form of words and thoughts, which the brain then thinks is its own thinking.1 Brother James

You clearly have a well-developed and well-thought-out understanding of reality and mind. It is also very idiosyncratic. As far as I can see, so far all you've done is to send out blasts of your unfamiliar ideas expressed in unfamiliar language without trying to really connect with the ideas of those of us here on the forum. It's as if you expect us to drop what we believe and take up your way of seeing things just based on your enthusiasm and certainty. It's pretty condescending.
  • 1 Brother James
    And your point is well-taken. It has taken me 49+years to acquire what little comprehension I do have of my own processing. And my work with people regarding the operations of the Invisible MIND "Within" them over some 40 years as a Gestalt Psychotherapist also altered how I view the multiple dimensions of Man. Peace
  • Jack Cummins

I think that you need to consider what you mean by delusional thinking. I come from a background in mental health care and I am sure that your understanding of delusional thinking would not fit into the psychiatric model.

As far as the left and right brain hemispheres are concerned, I think that Gilchrist's ideas on the need to balance the left and right hemispheres, to incorporate logic, feeling and imagination are important. But, surely, with the best epistemological methods 'truth' is subjectively realised, and it is hard to come to a universal understanding of truth. For example, for some people the idea of God makes sense whereas for others that is a form of absurd reasoning. Our knowledge does seem connected to so many factors in our individual lives.
  • 1 Brother James
    I mean by Delusional Thinking, or D-Think, those words, thoughts and ideas that the I-MIND feeds to the Left-Hemisphere of the brain. And the brain, unable to perceive such D-Think as other than merely more "thinking," simply believes it is real and acts upon it. It is Delusional because it is not based on factual phenomena, but is used to keep a person focused on his or her Fate Karma. To speculate on the MIND by use of the brain is like speculating on the Reality of God. And Truth can only be experienced via one's faculty of Intuition, and is not available to the brain. Peace
  • 1 Brother James
    A person is fully justified in thinking about life, since it is one reason we have a brain. The problem is, thinking about the Reality of Life cannot provide the Reality of Life... since that Reality is Invisible to the brain. How do I Know this? It has been awakened from "Within" via my Intuition as a consequence of my daily meditation of about 2 hours per day for the last 50 years. There is much to be said for Meditation, by the way. Peace
  • 1 Brother James
    As for "fitting" in a "Psychiatric model," that would depend upon whose model one is referring to? My work was an extension of what Fritz Perls was introducing and never finished. I coined the term "Esochology" to suggest the [4] dimensions of Man which comprise the Whole Human Being, which is what I worked with. Peace
  • T Clark
    And your point is well-taken. It has taken me 49+years to acquire what little comprehension I do have of my own processing. And my work with people regarding the operations of the Invisible MIND "Within" them over some 40 years as a Gestalt Psychotherapist also altered how I view the multiple dimensions of Man.1 Brother James

So, you acknowledge my point is well-taken, but don't plan to change your approach. Is that correct?
  • 1 Brother James
    I'm sorry, my point was that your reaction is well-taken. But my expression has taken me over three decades to learn how to articulate multiple dimensions simultaneously operating"behind" some physical phenomenon that the brain "thinks" it understands...[which it never will], so my form of expression is what it is... which requires expansion and an acceptance of a number of "unknowns" on the reader's part. It is the best I can do at this juncture. Sorry. Peace
  • 1 Brother James
    example... the expression "I-MIND" refers to the fact that the MIND in Man is invisible to Man. However, all behavior is conditioned by the I-MIND, although the part the I-MIND plays is fully Invisible in the person engaging in the behavior. And a person will normally try to explain his or her behavior by rationalization, or by blaming his or her behavior on someone or some thing in his or her environment. I shorten all this by simply saying behavior is due t one's I-MIND. But saying this is misunderstood to imply that a person's behavior is an action of his or her brain, when the brain is nothing more than a conduit the I-MIND uses to effect a particular behavior. Peace
  • 1 Brother James
    To end this discussion of
    Epistemology... let me simply say that for me, thinking and use of words are only useful if one is unaware of what lies behind a word, or a behavior? To conduct proper Psychotherapy one must deal with the I-MIND which is entirely Invisible to the brain. The point being, words are the lowest level of comprehension, and they also lack Truth [which is an absolute]. Therefore, I believe that one's faculty of Intuition, which is part of one's Soul, is a much more effective means of Knowing. Peace
  • Cheshire
    Nah, you can get at it with audio. That's why you can drive and listen to music or have a conversation. It's two different processing centers.
  • Fine Doubter
    Wanting to "end" it? With a title like that, I'll get it going!

This came to me as I was sat here living my useful life:

"epistemology = degrees of belief in the logic in nature through the logic in our heads"

The human race were taught by bad authorities over the last 30 years to stop using inference and to no longer have a thirst for knowledge.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment