• fishfry
    We were having an interesting discussion, and this morning the thread is gone. What happened?
  • tim wood
    Seconded. I have a distinct recollection of having written something intelligent. Hate to lose 'em - doesn't happen all that often.
  • fishfry
    Seconded. I have a distinct recollection of having written something intelligent. Hate to lose 'em - doesn't happen all that often.tim wood

LOL. Me too.
  • dimosthenis9

Most probably moderators think it is infinite after all.
  • jgill
    A moderator should speak up and explain.
  • Banno
    Meh. The thread never existed. This is a shared delusion.
  • fishfry
    I would like to re-post the part of the discussion that I was interested in: Namely, does the expansion of space take place everywhere, including between the atoms in my body? Or only "way out there," among the distant galaxies? The argument for the former being that the expansion would have no way to know the difference, and that the only reason we discount it is because the effect is far too small to be observed. The argument for the latter is the "raisin cake" model, in which the raisins are "gravitationally bound," while the cake expands.

I would not want to run afoul of the moderation policies of the site for re-posting a disappeared thread. Moderators please advise.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    I would like to re-post the part of the discussion that I was interested in: Namely, does the expansion of space take place everywhere, including between the atoms in my body? Or only "way out there," among the distant galaxies?fishfry

That sounds like a good topic for a new thread.
  • fishfry
    That sounds like a good topic for a new thread.Metaphysician Undercover

I'm entirely in agreement, except that this is the exact discussion that disappeared overnight. I don't want to repost it and upset whoever got upset at the last go-round. I can't do it unless the mods say it's ok.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Can't say I read the thread so I don't have an opinion. I'll flag your post, maybe you'll get some attention.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.