• Protagoras
    @Kenosha Kid
    That is not what is meant by common sense and you know it! That is the Elitist justificationism that I was talking about.
  • Kenosha Kid
    That is not what is meant by common sense and you know it!Protagoras

Indeed. I have a sneaking suspicion that I might have nailed your idea of common sense up front:

Or try and pass off ideosyncratic views as common sense, which happens a lot.Kenosha Kid
  • Protagoras
    @Kenosha Kid
    By idiosyncratic of course you mean anything not accepted by scientism... Wonderful display of circularity and authoritarian thinking.
  • Kenosha Kid
    By idiosyncratic of course you mean anything not accepted by scientism...Protagoras

By ideosyncratic I mean ideosyncratic. Look it up.
  • Protagoras
    @Kenosha Kid
    Don't need to. I get your interpretation. Anything outside scientism is not valid. Proving my point of course,that justification is authoritarianism of a particular political ideology.
  • Cheshire
    After all, common folks (David Hume called them "vulgar") don't feel the need to justify their beliefs, why should I?Wheatley
    In order to raise venture capital.
  • TheMadFool
    Well, "Banno says so" is an excellent justification.Banno

Banno says so is an excellent justification because Banno says so.

Logic says so is an excellent justification because Logic says so.

Circulus in probando.

Heraclitus syndrome (misanthropy: man "hating" man): it is that which it condemns.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.