• Book273
    No worries there, I will find it eventually if it is worth finding. Not sure what you were expecting posting the OP though: people would either be interested in the book, regardless of price, or not interested. If you were expecting a horrified "That's too expensive!!" consider this: a single page from the Guttenberg Bible sells for $250,000.00 One page.

Also, what is worth that kind of money to you?
  • Primperan
    I am not going to help you. What you want to do is against my principles.gikehef947

What arrogance! I never know if you are Marxists for being arrogant or you are arrogant for being Marxists.
  • gikehef947
    If you were expecting a horrified "That's too expensive!!" consider this: a single page from the Guttenberg Bible sells for $250,000.00 One pageBook273

For whom? I wouldn't give a cent for the whole book. Also, find out, it is in free pdf.

What arrogance! I never know if you are Marxists for being arrogant or you are arrogant for being Marxists.Primperan

And I don't know if you are so daring for being ignorant or so ignorant for being so daring. Dickhead.
  • Primperan
    And I don't know if you are so daring for being ignorant or so ignorant for being so daring. Dickhead.gikehef947

I'm shaking.

All right, smart guy. That book, if it exists, will be traceable. We know that:
    1. The title will be Habib's Metaphysics or something like that.
    2. The Author will be of Arabic origin, but he has written in Spanish.
    3. The edition of that book is very limited.
    3. There are only three places in the world where producing this type of valuable object is profitable: USA, Germany and Japan.
    2. Immigrants from Spain, Turkey, Pakistan and Syria have converged for generations in Germany.
    4. Germany has next to home: the Freeport Luxembourg, where there are no taxes and customs fees do not exist, and the Geneva.
    I bet the editor is probably German.
    (With a little help of reddit)
  • Primperan

My heart is crying out of grief and pain.
  • Primperan

The book exists.
    The author too. His name is Adel Habib. Lebanese. Phoenician.
    The first book sold for € 25,000. The seventh book, for € 85,000. The book was later discontinued.
    The publisher is an American based in Kaiserslautern. His name is Harry Pross.
    I have the email addresses.
    What do you think, smartass?
  • gikehef947

Well. You seem informed. But Pross did not cancel the edition of the book. It so happened that a single buyer bought the remaining 18 books and bought back some of the others that had already been sold. He made his move. The guy sucks. He hijacked the book.
  • Primperan

I have the book. I have acquired the editing rights. It's really good. I need an American publisher. See if you are interested in editing it there.
  • Book273
    If Canada works for you then I am interested in editing it. I may be enticed to go stateside for a sabbatical if that is the only way to have a read of this book. My interest is piqued.
  • Book273
    I found a lovely 1480 first edition, Gulden Throene, listing for $215,010.67. (US) Beautiful book. Not really an area I am overly interested in, but still a really nice piece.
  • Primperan

Okay. I am sending you the email of the author:
    Ask for his personal email there, because that email gets a lot of spam due to the fact that it matches the name of a Jordanian audit firm.
  • gikehef947
    I found a lovely 1480 first edition, Gulden Throene, listing for $215,010.67. (US) Beautiful book. Not really an area I am overly interested in, but still a really nice piece.Book273

Tell me what you boasts and I'll tell you what you lack!

I have the book. I have acquired the editing rights. It's really good. I need an American publisher. See if you are interested in editing it there.Primperan

You should distribute the book freely. I have written to the author to prevent him from of scammers. The book publishers will march behind the harlots into the kingdom of heaven.
  • MAYAEL
    The only expensive books I've seen were magik related and not even in print or publicly available and cost thousands of dollars and I understand why but other then that I can't see a book being worth much other then the expensive materials it's made out of
  • Primperan

It depends. A book can have artistic or documentary value. The work of Descartes that you find in any library is not the same as the book that Roosevelt used to read. The object may be the same, but the documentary value is not. The Discourse on the Method that belongs to Roosevelt has a market value of €50,000.
  • Primperan
    You should distribute the book freely. I have written to the author to prevent him from of scammers. The book publishers will march behind the harlots into the kingdom of heaven.gikehef947

You have done well, although the rights to his work belongs to me and I purchased the few copies the last publisher sold. The good thing about a great unrecognized author is that no one bids enough for him!

:joke:
  • gikehef947

If an author is good enough, he should be known by as wide an audience as possible.
  • Primperan
    If an author is good enough, he should be known by as wide an audience as possible.gikehef947

Life is hard. First duty of a human being is to survive. Second, is to live to the best of his ability. Marx said it: in society everyone sells their work. He wrote "sell" not "give gifts".
  • gikehef947

He also speaks of use value, exchange value and surplus value stolen by those who do not produce anything.
  • Primperan
    He also speaks of use value, exchange value and surplus value stolen by those who do not produce anything.gikehef947

Supply and demand fluctuate. Getting people interested in acquiring a metaphysics book is a job. Often, a dirty work.
  • gikehef947

A good book might cost $20, but whichever way you look at it, $25,000 is a SCAM.
  • Primperan
    A good book might cost $20, but whichever way you look at it, $25,000 is a SCAM.gikehef947

Most people are not interested in philosophy. They prefer to watch the NBA. You must not think of the majority. The big publishers sell books like bricks. An excellent product requires an excellent seller and an excellent consumer. That costs money. If you have to do a numbered, limited edition for 25 people, it's always better than doing it for the crowd. Whatever the price.
  • gikehef947

There is no way that people are interested in a subject that is beyond their financial means. You contribute to the ignorance of the majority.
  • Primperan
    There is no way that people are interested in a subject that is beyond their financial means. You contribute to the ignorance of the majority.gikehef947

People are not interested in cultural goods. Arustóteles did not write for everybody, but for the enlightened public. You have a very naive concept of your fellow men. You must be very young.
  • gikehef947

People cannot be interested in culture if cultural goods are inaccessible.
  • Primperan
    People cannot be interested in culture if cultural goods are inaccessible.gikehef947

People are not interested in culture. People are more interested in the NBA or the butts of the Kardashian sisters. The world was always like this. Stinks. Three months before Spinoza died, she had a visitor. Who? Leibniz. Only Leibniz was interested in approaching the genius of The Hague when he learned that he was seriously ill. No one approached except another exceptional figure. Read Mathew Stewart's book, The Courtier and the Heretic.

Haags_Spinoza-portret.jpg

This man deserved to have a better fortune... and a better publisher.
  • gikehef947

Let's go to a practical case. How much is a copy of Abel Habib's Metaphysics going to cost?
  • Primperan
    I am not going to help you. What you want to do is against my principles.gikehef947

It depends. What price would you put on Spinoza's "Ethics" if there were only 25 copies in the world?
  • gikehef947

Don't answer a question with another question. How much?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.