• Trinidad
    @Jack Cummins Obviously sometimes the law criminalises things which are not really criminal. And sometimes there are factors like self defense etc involved.
    A lot can be learned in clinical settings,but a lot of the interventions don't address the underlying causes.
    Academic psychology is pathetic.
  • Baden

The central committee has decided you need to write properly. Use standard paragraphing, punctuation, spacing etc. Otherwise, you may be "disappeared". Spasiba.
  • skyblack
    @Foghorn and @Trinidad

I saw the recent posts where you have tagged me.

I also saw that comment oozing desperation, hate, and fear at the 'shoutbox', mirroring other similarly desperate, pathetic but funny attempts of the small ones, at other places in the forum......
    ......but the point is. it seems to me, now i have be careful who i speak with. Otherwise the above mentioned emotions which yours truly seems to trigger in the insecure, will be directed at who i speak with.

This may bring unintended consequences which i would not wish on others. So please be careful, if you wish. Good luck to both of you.
  • skyblack
    That being said, i may join you occasionally and share a view which may not require an answer, and won't put you in any kind of jeopardy. :-)
  • DrOlsnesLea
    Again, I think conflict addiction is for real and that science can solve this by providing treatment to people who are suffering from schizophrenia, milder or not degree.

There are people who absolutely have to argue, no matter what and proof can be obtained after they have been properly treated. So I say conflict addiction is a symptom of mental illness, just an instance of human behavior on the spectrum of all that happens.
  • skyblack
    Again, I think conflict addiction is for real and that science can solve this by providing treatment to people who are suffering from schizophrenia, milder or not degree.

There are people who absolutely have to argue, no matter what and proof can be obtained after they have been properly treated. So I say conflict addiction is a symptom of mental illness, just an instance of human behavior on the spectrum of all that happens.
    DrOlsnesLea

It's a human condition that affects all, including the "pill pushers" and the "eggheads/scientists". The resolution may lie elsewhere..
  • skyblack
    @Trinidad

Can you share your thoughts on some of the reasons surrounding the origins of conflict?
  • Trinidad
    @skyblack Absolutely. Greed and fear are the sole factors. In fact,I would say greed and fear are one,a unity.
  • skyblack
    @Trinidad

It's the same movement within and without, right? Microcosm and Macrocosm. Just like the workings of the central committee in the psyche, and the expression of it out in the society. Does this sound right?
  • skyblack
    @Trinidad

What happened to your post? Seems to be deleted now.
  • Baden

The central committee has decided you need to write properly. Use standard paragraphing, punctuation, spacing etc. Otherwise, you may be "disappeared". Spasiba.Baden
  • skyblack
    @Baden

Gotcha. I wasn't aware policing grammar in posts where the meaning seems to be coming across crystal clear was another one of your functions. But hey you know what they say, any excuse will do. Like i was saying to another poster yesterday not my circus not my monkeys. Carry on. Thanks.
  • Baden

What was mentioned was paragraphing, punctuation, and spacing not grammar. We actually don't police grammar much when meaning is clear. We just don't want the site looking like shit because some posters are too lazy to present their writing at above kindergarten level.

Btw, there's a reply function you can use rather than @ing every time.
  • skyblack

Found it, the reply arrow. Thanks.
  • praxis
    @Foghorn and @Trinidad

… i have be careful who i speak with.
    skyblack

Ouch, public disassociation. That’s gotta hurt coming from one of the cool kids.
  • Foghorn
    but the point is. it seems to me, now i have be careful who i speak with.skyblack

Well, maybe. It's up to you of course. If I could suggest, consider the worst that could happen. If you can make peace with that, then there's nothing much to be worried about. Smile and be happy. :-)
  • skyblack
    Well, maybe. It's up to you of course. If I could suggest, consider the worst that could happen. If you can make peace with that, then there's nothing much to be worried about. Smile and be happyFoghorn

Why did you even waste your energy trying to clarify yourself on account of that sissy with the hissy above (aka the troll)?

My post was very clear why i was thinking of doing it. It was on account of you and other posters like Trinidad being targeted on account of speaking to me. You saw the evidence of that at the 'shoubox' didn't you?

It's silly of you to respond on account of a troll that's in the habit of following me and other posters around. I am disappointed. I thought you had more gumption than that. :-)

Read that post again, here it is being re-posted and the parts emboldened:

Foghorn and Trinidad

I saw the recent posts where you have tagged me.

I also saw that comment oozing desperation, hate, and fear at the 'shoutbox', mirroring other similarly desperate, pathetic but funny attempts of the small ones, at other places in the forum......
    ......but the point is. it seems to me, now i have be careful who i speak with.Otherwise the above mentioned emotions which yours truly seems to trigger in the insecure, will be directed at who i speak with.

This may bring unintended consequences which i would not wish on others. So please be careful,
    if you wish. Good luck to both of you.
    skyblack
  • skyblack

As further assurance, we can chat anytime we want, now that we are clear on the desperate attempt of the trolls at the 'shoutbox' ...
  • baker
    We liked the conflict.
    /.../
    What I'm hoping to discuss is the phenomena of conflict addiction.
    Foghorn
    In DBT, there is the concept of interpersonal effectiveness skills. As the name says, they are the skills for being effective in interpersonal interactions.

It's not clear that there is such a thing as "addiction to conflict". There is certainly a conflict of interests that can sometimes be so profound that only a physical confrontation can effectively bring the conflict to an end (normally, by eliminating one party altogether). What seems like "conflict addiction" are prolonged attempts to do away with the conflict of interests without the use of brute physical force, but using less lethal means.
  • praxis
    It was on account of you and other posters like Trinidad being targeted on account of speaking to me.skyblack

Honestly, it’s kind of creepy to watch you three talk to each other.

2560.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=6cb9859014d9defef1ef1168ad5b234c
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.