• Shawn
    I've been pondering for a great while about the wavefunction in QM as to whether it evolves or collapses.

My main interest as of late has been stochastically determined quantum mechanics by entropy and temperature gradients for atomic elements reacting as per how an ideal understanding of quantum chemistry might entail. I don't believe that wavefunction collapses do often occur; but, suppose that they are true for localized events with very low entropic states.

My main "theory" I've been pondering about as of late is related to very specific nuances in the said temperature gradients or ambient temperature events related to stochastic evolution of the wavefunction. This type of theory is characterized by a quantum dynamic scenario or state of affairs where the stochastic event is related intrinsically with the temperature and entropic state of the system under observation or operating in this state space.

My understanding is limited to the notion that events are a lot less uncertain due to the temperature of the localized system with a low entropic state due to nuclear forces interacting with elements in the system. I've researched the notion that many particles interact in a 'resonance' fashion with other particles making up atomic elements. These elements on the Mendeleyev table are constantly subject to these low entropic states or temperature gradients where they realize something I consider as a resonant state with one another at unspecified temperature gradients. This sort of theorizing of mine gives rise to the suspicion that these QM 'events' simply evolve the wavefunction instead of collapses or 'events' occurring for (not entirely particles); but, elements and compounds in nature.

The only instance where I have surmised that wavefunction collapses occur in highly massive events where entropy is extremely high is closer to colliding black holes or neutron stars.

What do you think about all this?
  • Shawn
    One interesting point given stochastically evolving QM'cal wavefunctions is that the simulated universe hypothesis would have to incorporate some kind of transfinite logic to compute all the stochastic processes in the logical space of the universe.

Much more work intensive for a computer is what this seems to point towards with stochastic QM.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.