• ghostlycutter
    Exercise:

Imagine a painting of dull, wavy colours with a small, pink ball blended-in round about the center of the canvass.

Considering the whole art piece, the Pink Ball is not necessarily more meaningful than the rest of the paint, but is a part of it, and must be considered when understanding meaning.

To conclude, the Pink Ball exercise helps us to understand how meaning is written and read. Clearly when studying this example painting, the dull, wavy colours and the pink ball have synergy, and that pink ball is the artist's way of saying 'look here first originally'.
  • javi2541997

Interesting exercise. It remembers somehow to me the theory of Newton about the spectrum of light but you developed as the colour itself and it is awesome. But I have some questions: why the choosen colour was pink? Can we do it with a different colour?
    Also what do you think about John Locke's phisology? In my thread we talked it about: Imaginary colours.
    The eye has certain receptors on the retina that detect color, the "cones." These come with three different sensitivities. Hence the three "primary" colors. True purple, for which there seems to be no place in the physical spectrum, is something we see when the cones sensitive to blue and red are both stimulated, giving us something like an imaginary color. — John Locke
  • ghostlycutter
    It could be any colour, you could put a pokeball there.

The pink may be something artistically great, but other than that it's pointless.

I don't understand your connotation, I will look into that thread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment