• god must be atheist
    Two letters written to God Must Be Atheist by a gorgeous female neighbour of his, and his reply:

God Must Be Atheist, what are your thoughts on the current arms build up and tensions around Ukraine? I am perceiving that the US and Nato are at least partially responsible due to continuing sabre rattling and upcoming war games. The US media (unsurprisingly) is painting it as Putin testing Biden. They always think everything revolves around them and that they are always innocent. I have a friend from St. Petersburg who has explained to me that Ukraine is not a member of NATO (at least for now) and therefore NATO taking part, can only be to ratchet up tensions. Putin's no saint, but he is ridiculously intelligent. Share your thoughts please. It certainly has the possibility of being a flashpoint. Belarus has closed the border, Poland is on high alert.

Okay, I think I have sorted this out. Obviously Putin can't allow NATO on the border and it is his red line. Europe and the USA are pushing for Ukraine to be given membership in NATO and that's why they are planning several wargames there. They are ignoring Purin's red line and this could very well result in war. If Ukraine is granted membership Putin will have to go to war or lose face in the worst possible way. That's a very simplified response to a very complex problem, but it seems that the US is poking the bear. This time I think they are pushing too hard. I don't expect Putin to back down on this. Interesting times

Reply to his neighbour's thoughts by God Must be Atheist:

Dear Gorgeous Female Neighbour, sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but after coming upstairs, I soon fell asleep, and now I'm wide awake, to answer your enquiry.

I am not familiar with the situation there. I thought some time ago that Russia was part of Nato. Russia's membership started soon after they abandoned communism. Did Russia leave Nato, or was it made to leave? I know that nothing little Hungary is (or may be / had been) part of Nato. They got nothing, no weapons to speak of, no standing army to speak of. No oil, no ores, no forests, no courage. Not an army country. Although Hungarians make up for lack of weaponry with a lot of hubris.

To be completely frank, I haven't a clue what's going on there in Ukraine. I therefore agree with your opinion, site unseen, that America is rattling the sabre too hard. Germany would not go for it, but what can they do if there is war already. America, like we said on the bench, is probably worried about a Russia-China alliance.

I observed some time ago that American foreign military policy has taken a turn since Nicaragua. They abandoned to defend democracy against communist expansion, and now their foreign policy is mainly centred on not to own, but to control the world's oil fields. That's why they were so loud about China's occupying the Chinese sea: full of oil, and also fish. It's shallow water.

That's why they obliterated Iraq, that's why they've been starving Iraq, Venezuela; and are buddies with the oil-rich Arab countries' headmen.

Russia has oil that the Americans are not lord over; so this may be their biggest challenge to control (not necessarily own) the world's oil.

Inevitably if Nato attacks Russia, China will side with Russia.

Each of the three principals has got a huge nuclear weapons arsenal.

This may become the last breath all humans ever breathe in human history, if the USA is crazy enough to challenge the Russians to war. What have they been thinking? This is nuts.

We may all soon see a huge white light flare up in the night, and there is not a thing we can do about it.

-------------

My opinion aside, I have one advice for you when it comes to analyzing world politics.

You are worried about the signs of war. Fine, that's a good indication of something, but wars are never wars in, for and by themselves, they are always fought to resolve conflict.

So your job of predicting what's going to happen, or why is happening what is happening now, is to be approached from the deterministic point of view: what CAUSES are / have been present that may instigate the situation?

I brought up oil. You brought up sentiments... sentiments are only to dupe the masses, like the little cute boy that has been killed. International conflict is either about money, resources, land area, and yes, sometimes even over religion. Sometimes it's ethnic strife.

So what I would do in your place, is to look at what it is in the area of resource industry, that either Russia has and America does not. It may be as simple as Russia's closer physical proximity to China, and having shared interest in trade, which will replace America's involvement with China. Russia has forestry and oil and is incredibly rich (like Canada) in natural resources. Amerians don't want to lose the dependence of the industrial base of China on America; and also perhaps America is trying to cancel their debt to China by going into war with Russia, which will pull China in, declaring war on the USA, and then the trillions do not have to be paid to China holding US gov bonds.

I actually said ten years ago that war will come when the USA still holds the first rank in military power, but not in industrial and economic power. That time has come.

A giant world power is kicking its last kicks. It is in financial trouble, being heavily indebted to China; it is in international political trouble with the emergence of Russia, China and even India; it is in internal crisis over race and a divisive internal political arena. It is the end of the USA, and as they go, they may decide to destroy the entire world along with the human species like a dying, selfish, jealous person.
  • javi2541997
    Inevitably if Nato attacks Russia, China will side with Russia.

Each of the three principals has got a huge nuclear weapons arsenal.
    god must be atheist

Not only China but North Korea. This conflict is pretty similar with all of those islands of Japan where China silently approaching to them. Russia helps and respects it because clearly there is a common treaty.
    To be honest, I feel bad about Ukraine because they do not receive the supplies or protection they deserve. Everybody is feel scared about what Russia could do if we don't respect their "frontiers"
    Keep in mind how Putin treats their political rivals. This dude is scary. I'm sorry for Ukraine but I don't know if NATO is ready to do something.
  • god must be atheist

Anyone could have written the same post as you, Javi, about USA being Putin, and Iraq being Ukraine, when the USA invaded Iraq. Twice. Who stood up for that country, for those hapless, innocent people? You? So why are you more sympathetic to Ukrainians than to, say, Iraqis?

This is a rhetorical question.
  • javi2541997

True and my fault was forgetting Irak but I guess this example is different because Baaz party (Sadam Hussein leader) was clearly killing another ethnic in Kuwait for no reason. Also, we even can speak about different worlds.
    While Ukraine is clearly a West/European country which is crying for being part of the club, Irak is in the Middle East, Islamic and completely hates all related to the West. There were more followers of Sadam Hussain than we actually guess.
    Also the hidden parts of this context is different too because is clearly that USA went there just for oil. They hadn’t nuclear power neither bombs. Doesn’t matter how wacky was Sadam. But Ukraine acts as a democratic country that Russia does not want let them go. We cannot solve all the worldwide problems. I guess Irak will never want being as us.

I wish I can change the situation but not I can’t do it neither is in my hands.
  • god must be atheist
    You mean, Ukraine wants to become a free Western democracy, and Russian troops are standing on the border, and someone is saying, "The moment you establish free democratic voting we, the Russian troops, are marching in!"?
  • javi2541997

I guess somehow yes because Russia wants keep all their power in countries which are close the Russian frontier. This exactly happens with Georgia back in 2008... nowadays who cares about the citizens about Georgia? Russia won.

9pFVr1V.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.