• moonrjung
    I am glad that I found this forum. I am translating Sellars' EPM to Korean.
    Some statements and paragraphs are very difficult to interpret. So this discussion forum
    would be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance.
  • T Clark
    Welcome. I hope you find what you want here.
  • god must be atheist
    I've come here to find true love, a pot of gold, and the elixir of eternal youth.

Well, guess what. I'm still here.

Two out of three ain't bad, but I'm going for broke.
  • TheMadFool
    I've come here to find true love, a pot of gold, and the elixir of eternal youthgod must be atheist

:rofl:
  • Sir2u
    I've come here to find true love, a pot of gold, and the elixir of eternal youth.
    Well, guess what. I'm still here.

Two out of three ain't bad, but I'm going for broke.
    god must be atheist

Which 2 did you find here?
    Could one of them be the love of wisdom?
    But I ain't never seen no gold around here and as far as I knows ain't none around these parts gonna be here forever.
  • god must be atheist
    which two did I find here? Let me quote from B-52 (an 80s band):
    "Planet Claire, Planet Claire,
    No-one ever dies here
    No-one has a head"

We are all preserved on silicone, or on magnetized material, Sir2u; we're immortalized as long as those media don't perish. And as a person in love, no one has a head (because we've lost it, as all humans do when in love.)
  • god must be atheist
    That's funny what I just wrote to Sir2U.

Because we are immortalized, if not for all eternity, then for a time, which is presumably much longer than our biological life expectancy.

And we're all immortalized incognito.

Much like the mosaic figures of nobleman and noblewomen are preserved, nameless, on the walls of the ruins of Pompeii. Nobody knows their names... but is that all that necessary to know their... essence, so to speak? The essence that remains of them (and of us, participants on this board)?
  • Sir2u
    There is a bit of difference between finding the fountain of youth and faux immortality.
    And you obviously have not nor will ever find the pot of gold. But keep on dreaming, it is good for the soul.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.