• Deleted User
    People say philosophy is the love of wisdom.
    What if it's the wisdom of love?
  • javi2541997

Love is a serious mental disease.

- Plato.

Love is a madness
    - Socrates.

I guess it depends which philosophers we are talking about. Those from romanticism would write and speak a lot of it but in the most of philosophy branches there are just a few philosophers taking about love.
    For my personal opinion philosophy is supposedly a path to find happiness. Probably for some people finding love is finding happiness at the end of the day
  • Pinprick
    What if it's the wisdom of love?TaySan

What does that mean? That love is a type of wisdom? Knowing how to love and be loved? Which type of love? Parental? Familial? Intimate? Ideological?

Regardless, reducing philosophy to only being about love seems ridiculous. It obviously includes much more than that.
  • 180 Proof
    ... the wisdom of love?TaySan
    Isn't that the subject of aesthetics?
  • Deleted User
    Perhaps. As I poet I just like to play with words to make life more beautiful. I never really studied it! Is it worth studying?
  • Deleted User
    yes, I find that the relevant question. Is happiness possible without love?
    And what is the difference between the two? :)
  • javi2541997

I think happiness can exist without love. Considering this one so “subjective” and codependent because in love is needed to be loved to. But happiness can involves us in a lot of circumstances that makes us happy. For example, writing a novel and then you win a prize. This would make you happy for your own effort and knowledge but love is not here anyway...
    Also while happiness is forced to drive us in good situations, love could be dangerous. Imagine being love with someone or something that ends up disappointing you for whatever reason.
    So yes I guess they are different and can exist independently.
  • 180 Proof
    It seems everything that moves you/us is worth studying.
  • Deleted User
    I think it's a personal experience. To me happiness equals love and therefore love equals happiness.
  • Deleted User
    I understand your point. That's probably why this got redirected to the Lounge. Thinking about how I can rephrase it to make it suitable for general discussion.
  • Pinprick
    Probably just needs fleshed out better. Two sentences doesn’t say much.
  • Ying
    "By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
    - Ol' Soc.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet