• Nagel
    12:16 AM 18/02/2021

Truths, I suppose, are ad hoc in nature. Their validity only arises relative to the transpiration of our subjective productive events and problems. If this this thought is right, then it is only right insofar as it is addressing an event or a problem—for the sake of clarity I will call them phenomena—that this thought attains its validity. In short, truth is nothing without a phenomena to glide by it.

One kind of phenomena that this thought can be associated with is the science-christianity contention. To a christian scientist, truths from one side are invalidated as soon as he enters the other side but it quickly regains its validity when it returns to this side. Contradictions and confusions are the necessary outcomes of this disparity of truths, this lack of onjectivity.

I suppose the concept of truth is not very far from quantum physics. Specifically, I am referring to Schrödinger's vuluptuous cat, in the sense that the uncertainty of the duality of truth can only be determined once it is necessarily observed.
  • alan1000
    Nagel, the general drift of your question is clear, but you cover a thousand kilometres of philosophy in every paragraph. I seriously recommend you undertake a formal college course in basic philosophy, or read through a few "Introduction to Philsophy" textbooks, to clarify your thoughts on the problems which interest you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment