• praxis
    "Empty" in Buddhism is always of something, like the emptiness of a pot. It's a reference to illusion.

Is that what you mean by emptiness?
    frank

The illusion is permanence. The truth, allegedly, is emptiness.

Let me know if you need a secular scholar.frank

I would ask for no other kind, and it is kind of you to offer.
  • frank
    The truth, allegedly, is emptiness.praxis

Emptiness of what?
  • frank

So I guess empty of anger and fear. Too bad. I was thinking we might have a holy war between Hindus and Buddhists over whether there's any emptiness.

I was going to volunteer as a gorilla in case that kind of warfare was needed.
  • javi2541997
    Things like a major hunk of your country deciding to secede (Catalan, perhaps?) might contribute to collective unhappiness
    @Bitter Crank

A few years ago I would tell you "I wish they do not being independent from us" but how it looks like now... I want them completely apart. Spain already has a lot of problems, we do not have time for selfish people and its own interest. The State is wasting so much resources and time with them. Probably the best solution is let them go...

If that figure is truly reflective of the UK's level of happiness, then it's probably the case that they just aren't paying attention. Have they not noticed the negative consequences of Brexit?

I do not know haw bad can be. It is true leaving from the EU (at least they can do it...) it wasn't the best idea. Nevertheless we are having different circumstances here. Probably UK will start losing some money due to the agreements with EU but I guess in the long-term would be a totally different scenario. Also they have the British pound which is a very powerful currency.
    Despite all tbe economic stuff... Isn't it very sad that a country which fought for freedom back in WWII let the European Union? I guess yes. It is not only guilty the UK. We have to look at Eurpean Bank and German monopoly.
  • BC
    I was going to volunteer as a gorilla in case that kind of warfare was needed.frank

Good of you to volunteer in place of a gorilla, they being a peaceable and endangered species.

On the other hand, you might want to volunteer as a guerilla. Perhaps there will be a battalion of gorilla costumed guerillas.
  • BC
    The truth, allegedly, is emptiness.praxis

Archeologists say "the truth is in the garbage." They are not being cynical. People's garbage testifies to their real activities, contrary to what they say on surveys. This would be true for Hindus and Buddhists too. As for emptiness in garbage cans, we suspect they are using the neighbor's.
  • frank
    Good of you to volunteer in place of a gorilla, they being a peaceable and endangered species.Bitter Crank

There's more to gorilla warfare than just sitting around eating peaches. There's the baring of the fangs and beating of the chest. It's intense.
  • praxis
    the truth is in the garbage.Bitter Crank

A meaningful story can woven out of anything, even mere garbage. Truth isn’t necessary and rather beside the point.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet