• 4ever1friend
    Hello,
    I've just write and article about the question in the top and I was thinking to start a debate about it. Not as judge and jury, but more about, useful or not. Please ignore my grammatical errors, I'm sure there are plenty :). Here it is my approach:
    ----------------------------------------
    If you read an interesting book, would you like to know in advance what is happening or do you prefer to be surprised?

If you see a new movie, no matter what genre it is, and you know its ending, would you watch it with the same enthusiasm?

What would change if you knew exactly when life will end?

All these questions have in common the existence of the mystery, if you eliminate this mystery, the departure, the enthusiasm or even the desire to continue will disappear, whether we are talking about reading a book, watching a movie or living a life.

I would pay more attention to this phrase "A fulfilled life." It is important what fulfillment means in life. Most of the time we are subconsciously placed with the definition of a life fulfilled from an early age: “You have to go to kindergarten, then to school, then to college, to find a good job, to find someone and to start a family”. This whole cyclical chain is well imprinted in your subconscious as an idea that is reminded of you every time someone asks you: "when are you going to get married?" then "when will you have children?".

If you don't resonate too well with the idea taken to the rank of cliché, there are some "problems":

- If you follow this idea, but still do not feel fulfilled, you feel that something is missing, it means that along the way, you have lost a good part of yourself, it means that somewhere, you have not yet got to be you and maybe even now you are not you, but you entered the “game”, you have to play till the end.

- If you don't follow this idea, but still feel that something is missing, it could be due to the fact that in the subconscious, it is this cliché that still pulls your sleeve from time to time.

The moment I felt lost, I took a step back and began to observe, to learn. To look around at people who emanated happiness, fulfilled and to learn from them, whether it was a small child, an adult or an old man, we have so much to learn from each other. I saw people who were seriously ill, in terminal stages, but who enjoyed more than healthy people, I saw people without money (called by others poor), but they enjoyed each other more than those with money (called by other rich people). That's when I realized that there is something even more important than physical health, more precisely happiness. Happiness draws after it fulfillment and are often synonymous, as a result I began to discover what makes me feel fulfilled even for a few seconds.

It makes some people happy, fulfilled or even satisfied to catch a fish, others to plant a tree, some to mow the lawn, others to take care of the garden, some to create, others, unfortunately, to destroy. Fulfillment comes from a feeling of satisfaction. I feel fulfilled when I finish writing an idea.

Sometimes small accomplishments, those that are strictly for your soul, may sum up the feeling of fulfilled life, so that no matter when the time comes to leave this world, you will feel that you have a fulfilled life.
    ---------------------------------
  • MondoR
    Yes, fulfillment comes from exploring, creating, learning, and growing. If one is feeling empty or lost, then something is missing. It is difficult to find new things to explore and create, but always keep looking. Good memories of the past flow into the future and ultimately never die.
  • 4ever1friend
    Thank you, I think we share similar view :)
  • fishfry
    I want to go like my grandpa did, peacefully in his sleep.. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.