• Olivier5
    I want to solve climate change. That will be my life's work. I'll have no time for theory.counterpunch

Sure thing.
  • counterpunch
    You say the Church is 100% committed to addressing climate change. I have a plan to solve climate change - and secure a prosperous, sustainable future for humankind as a whole. The authority of the Church was used to deprive science of authority as truth; and so Western civilisation has applied the wrong technologies for the wrong reasons - and continues to do so. Windmills and solar panels cannot solve this problem. We need massively more energy - not less. This is the Church's mistake, and responsibility. The Church has plenty of money. I have the know how to correct for this mistake for just a few tens of billions. This isn't a joke. Climate change threatens the collapse of civilisations. The continued existence of humankind is at stake. And the window of opportunity to solve this problem is closing fast.
  • Olivier5
    Sure. Write a nice letter to Francis and he'll see what he can do.
  • counterpunch
    I would find it very difficult to explain my reasoning in such a letter, and the Church would find it impossible to acknowledge receipt. So, no - that's not a good idea.
  • Olivier5
    Too bad, I was looking forward to reading it...
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.