• Present awareness
    baker
    ↪Present awareness So you don't have personal experience, nor can you quote actual sources, but still you can make claims about nirvana ...
    baker

You are in the same boat Baker, unenlightened and without a clue on what nirvana IS. Philosophy does not claim to be fact, simply a view on how things might be.
  • baker
    Nope. I'm not the one making stuff up.
  • Present awareness
    ↪Present awareness Nope. I'm not the one making stuff up.baker

Humans make stuff up, that’s what we do! We make up language, to communicate ideas. We make up stories for book, music for mood, movies for entertainment, inventions for convenience like washing machines and dishwashers.
  • baker
    I'm not the one making stuff up about what nirvana is or isn't, nor putting words into the mouth of a religious figure. Unlike some.
  • Present awareness
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
    One may choose to believe the words attributed to the Buddha or Jesus Christ, or not, that is the beauty of freedom of religion.
  • baker
    One may choose to believe the words attributed to the Buddha or Jesus Christ, or not, that is the beauty of freedom of religion.Present awareness
    Freedom of religion as freedom of delusion?

And worse, "choose to believe" -- IOW, epistemic trivialism as foundation for religious choice?!

/facepalm/
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube