• Blurrosier
    Still based on lofty and non-technical understandings of liberal economics (absence of governmental regulation) and neoliberal economics (the extremity of liberal economics at which point the economy becomes its own end, rather than a means of bettering people's lives; people's lives are subordinated to the economy, etc).

And I thought about how there could be some sort of synthesis between regulated and unregulated capitalism, a sort of metaliberal economics wherein there is a regulated ceiling that private capitalists have to reckon with, but perhaps this ceiling can be dynamic.

What if there was some sort of governmentally enforced ceiling to profit, but this ceiling rose in proportion to some sort of average income statistic, or maybe a savings or debt statistic? In principle, would that incentivize redistribution of wealth, setting the condition that, if a given corporation is to expand beyond the current ceiling, that corporation would have to improve the average life quality somehow?

I say metaliberal because its only regulated from the lower order "current" perspective, while being flexible/liberated on the higher order "transtemporal" level.

Also, I am almost totally ignorant to currently implemented policies pertaining to the economy, any kind of macroeconomic policies, etc. Maybe there are already such policies or programs in place.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.