• Raul
    existential, ontological or phenomenological possibilitiesJanus

:up:
  • The Questioning Bookworm

I see where you are coming from, but it depends on which context us 'being alone' is...Most, if not all, people have to be with people physically for most parts of life. Most, if not all, people are emotionally invested in people for most parts of life as well. Example, even if I hate every person I interact with, I am still emotionally invested in hating them for some reason or maybe I just don't like that person. Even if I love the people that are a part of my life or if I loved a conversation with someone, I am emotionally invested.

About experience, you know your own experience but there is a great possibility that self-deception is contorting your own view of your experience as well--speaking generally about humans here (Mental Illness, difficult life situations, self-doubt/blame, and Dostoevsky's Notes From Underground come to mind here).

Anyhow, I truly don't 'know' anything nor this topic, but I am trying to contribute the best I can since it is so complex and hard to grasp. Thanks for replying to me and keeping the thread going!
  • Darkneos
    I mean you do know something or else you wouldn't have written this.
  • deletedmemberTB
    Hmmm, if your brain is over there and my brain is over here and if they are not hardwired together, then that kinda sounds like all of us are effectively cognitively isolated from one another. Never mind that you say green and I have a cognitive set of experiences associated with the sound of that word, your green is not my green.

To accept this isolation as a plausible story has the benefit, hopefully, of motivating one to prioritizing the need to overcome the insurmountable illusion of true communication [trained responses to sensory stimuli seem to be a special consideration].

Anything that is detectable in the Universe is, at the most fundamental level, merely but yet profoundly an exchange of energy ~ maybe.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet