• counterpunch
    This is a public forum every post is everyone’s business. If you want to talk to one person in particular DM them, there is that feature. The fact that you’re not using it implies you want people to read and reply to you. But then you throw a hissy fit when they disagree or call you out. Are you sure you should be using a public forum?khaled

It is a public forum. Which only makes your behaviour all the more puzzling. Are you policing this public space? Do you see it as your role to tell people what they can and can't say? How they should and shouldn't behave? Who appointed you guardian of public morality?

False. I didn’t notice how old it was. Don’t be purposely obtuse just so make a “comeback statement” like this.khaled

Oh, because when I found this thread again, I suspected the reason you inserted yourself into the argument between Tobias and myself, was that your post was left unanswered for quite some time. Then when you volunteered that you didn't notice how old it was - I knew that was it. That unanswered post was grinding on you for days - an insult to your ego. No-one can ignore little Khaled!

Which amounts to: “I worked really hard on my ideas therefore they’re right”khaled

You don't know the context. This thread is a continuation of a discussion on another thread - of which you were not a part. The apparent form, to which you are responding, is not where the meaning lies. Those observations refer to mistakes in thinking identified on the other thread, of which Issac may or may not have been aware.

Ah yes. Calling you out for being a prick is “making matters worse”.khaled

Don't call me a prick again!

You’re not worth the time I spend writing this.khaled

Nothing you write is worth the time it takes to write it.

You think that any disagreement is due to the other side being stupid, disingenuous, or mentally ill. This site isn’t a circlejerk. People won’t just agree with you. Yet you can’t handle that, and just paint any sort of opposition as stupid or disingenuous so you don’t have to argue with them. Furthermore when someone calls you out for being a prick you cry about how it’s none of their business (on a PUBLIC forum).khaled

And yet you continue.

You may have some thoughts of value but it’s not worth it for me to try to tease through your close mindedness and inability to be cordial to get at them. Good luck dude. Hope you get out of your own head one day.khaled

Thank you so much.
  • khaled
    your post was left unanswered for quite some time. Then when you volunteered that you didn't notice how old it was - I knew that was it. That unanswered post was grinding on you for days - an insult to your ego. No-one can ignore little Khaled!counterpunch

:rofl:

Yikes. Well you can see that I have many unanswered comments and I don’t mind if you go into my comment history. I don’t go around trying to solicit answers out everyone. It’s hilarious to me that you think you’re so important that I could care less if you responded...

Are you policing this public space? Do you see it as your role to tell people what they can and can't say?counterpunch

No not my role. I just enjoy calling out pricks.

You don't know the context. This thread is a continuation of a discussion on another thread - of which you were not a part. The apparent form, to which you are responding, is not where the meaning lies. Those observations refer to mistakes in thinking identified on the other thread, of which Issac may or may not have been aware.counterpunch

Fair enough. But you didn’t mention the thread in the op in my defense.

Don't call me a prick again!counterpunch

Well I haven’t seen evidence to the contrary. Once I do I’ll stop.

Thank you so much.counterpunch

Any day bro.
  • counterpunch
    Yikes. Well you can see that I have many unanswered comments ...khaled

I bet you do.

No not my role. I just enjoy calling out pricks.khaled

You think repeatedly calling me a prick is how you should behave? Because clearly, you're seeking to illicit a response - which is consistent with you being annoyed by the unanswered post. If you couldn't care less - leave me alone. If you had a point to make you've more than made it. Now begone!

Fair enough. But you didn’t mention the thread in the op in my defense.khaled

So you accept that you don't know what you're talking about? How magnanimous of you! Now remind me again why this is any of your business?

Well I haven’t seen evidence to the contrary. Once I do I’ll stop.khaled

You've repeatedly insulted me using vile language - and I haven't responded in kind. I'm not the one coming across as aggressive, insulting and BREAKING THE RULES OF THE FORUM!

2) Tone matters:
    A respectful and moderate tone is desirable as it's the most likely to foster serious and productive discussion. Having said that, you may express yourself strongly as long as it doesn't disrupt a thread or degenerate into flaming (which is not tolerated and will result in your post being deleted).

I'd call your behaviour flaming.

Flaming is the online act of posting insults, often laced with profanity or other offensive language on social networking sites. This term should not be confused with the term trolling, which is the act of someone going online, or in person, and causing discord.

And trolling!

Get back under your bridge, you flaming troll!
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.