• intrapersona
    I wouldn't want to see it getting out of hand.jamalrob

(N)
  • intrapersona
    Perhaps you could just like your own posts instead?John

I do like sniffing my own butt soooo...

(Y)
  • intrapersona
    (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N) (Y) (N)
  • m-theory
    Trolling should not be confused with flame warring or cyber bullying.
    Trolling is a unique form of art.
  • Moliere
    I have to say that though I spoke in favor of likes in the aforementioned post, I've actually grown used to not having them and like things as they are now.
  • Wosret
    Such a system would only be fair if mistakes were penalized, and authenticity, and justness rewarded... so, you know, if anyone besides me gets liked, then something is wrong with the world.
  • intrapersona
    Such a system would only be fair if mistakes were penalized, and authenticity, and justness rewarded... so, you know, if anyone besides me gets liked, then something is wrong with the world.Wosret

No point talking about it any more, 80% of people dislike it for absurd, irrational and blatantly stupid reasons of which I will not go in to, not because I am not intelligent enough... just because errr I dont have the time.
  • BC
    Maybe this forum needs a "building collapses on annoying person" button.
  • intrapersona
    Maybe this forum needs a "building collapses on annoying person" button.Bitter Crank

Passive agressive comments that display your psychopathic nature of wanting to murder annoying ppl.
  • BC
    Sooner or later everybody wants to murder annoying ppl. Furthermore, you misspelled 'aggressive'.

agressiveintrapersona
  • Michael
    Sooner or later everybody wants to murder annoying ppl. Furthermore, you misspelled 'aggressive'.Bitter Crank

You misspelled "people".
  • S
    You misspelled "people".Michael

It's "misspelt" in British English.
  • BC
    Damn.
  • Nils Loc

(Y) (Y) (Y)
    (Y) (Y) (Y)
  • Jamal
    Both are common in British English, as reflected in dictionaries such as Oxford's, and to me "spelled" is better anyway.
  • Hanover
    Spelldid, as in I done spelldid it damnit. It's Appalachian, coming from the overuse of the to do verb of the Celtic settlers I think. I done heard it plenty round here. It's also precious 3 year old speak. Any linguists here that can comment on this?
  • BC
    For your convenience, here are some "t for ed" verbs

1. Bent
    2. Blest
    3. Built
    4. Burnt
    5. Clapt
    6. Cleft
    7. Slept
    8. Crept as in He crept into the crypt and crapt.
    9. Dealt
    10. Dreamt
    11. Drest
    12. Dwelt
    13. Felt
    14. Gilt
    15. Girt
    16. Kent
    17. Knelt
    18. Leant
    19. Leapt
    20. Learnt
    21. Left
    22. Lent
    23. Lost
    24. Meant
    25. Pent
    26. Reft
    27. Rent
    28. Sent
    29. Shot
    30. Slept
    31. Slipt
    32. Smelt
    33. Spelt
    34. Spent
    35. Spilt
    36. Spoilt
    37. Stript
    38. Vext
    39. Wept
    40. Went
  • S
    Both are common in British English, as reflected in dictionaries such as Oxford's, and to me "spelled" is better anyway.jamalrob

That may be so, but after having gone through the results of a Google search, most of the results affirm that "misspelt" is the preference, or more appropriate, or more usual, in the UK, where it originates. It is also my preference; it just sounds better and more natural and appropriate to me.

Although, that said, I'm also rather fond of "spelldid". It reminds me of one of my favourite words: "happeded". As in, "Dang it! It done happeded again! I done spelldid that there wurd wrongly!".
  • Jamal
    That may be so, but after having gone through the results of a Google search, most of the results affirm that "misspelt" is the preference, or more appropriate, or more usual, in the UK. It is also my preference, and it just sounds better and more natural and appropriate to me.Sapientia

I don't agree that it's more appropriate, and otherwise what you're saying doesn't go against my point.

Also I'm not sure how to pronounce "happeded".
  • S
    I don't agree that it's more appropriate, and otherwise what you're saying doesn't go against my point.jamalrob

Meh. If not more appropriate, then preferable or usual. And as for your point, I kind of acknowledged it.

Also I'm not sure how to pronounce "happeded".jamalrob

Well, it was coined by @Lower Case NUMBERS, so I guess you should ask him. :D
  • Jamal
    If not more appropriate, then preferable or usual.Sapientia

More preferable, I suppose, for the people who prefer it. Even if "spelled" is less common than "spelt" in British English, it is common enough that it is not unconventional or non-standard. Similarly, "-ize" endings have become less common in British English but are still treated as standard British English by the Oxford and Collins dictionaries, in which "-ize" spellings appear first (see Oxford spelling).

As you can tell, I'm not letting this one go. X-)
  • Lower Case NUMBERS
    I don't have anything to do with this discussion. I didn't even read the banner. But to judge anyone against a bastard language called English is setting a pretty low bar. IMO
  • Baden

And why, pray tell, do you brand our esteemed mother tongue so?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment