• Janus
    I'm sure Meister Eckhart wasBuxtebuddha

I'm reminded of a silly old joke about the priest chasing the altar boy in the chapel; after much chasing up and down the aisles and almost breathless exertion, he finally caught him around the organ. >:O

I'll be honest, I read organs as "orgasms."Buxtebuddha

The two may be closely related; so it's an easy mistake.
  • Janus
    Sometimes I feel like changing my username to Hugh Manatee or perhaps Hugh Jarse, but luckily I soon come to my senses.
  • BC
    Some Lutherans have orgasms listening to the tubular pipe organs. Part of their edifice complex.
  • Thorongil
    Why John? So plain and boring.
  • Thorongil
    Knarc Rettib, with a silent K of course.
  • Janus

Such Lutherans are usually very senior in the private sector.
  • Janus

Which is "plain and boring": wanting to change my username to HM or HJ or coming to my senses? :s

Edit: I thought "Why John"? was a typo and was intended to be "Why, John"? But now I think you meant to say that "John" is plain and boring. True, perhaps, but that was the name I entered on the joining form as my actual name, not as the name I intended to have as a username; and I never thought it was possible to change it until now, and now I'm not sure I could be bothered..
  • Thorongil
    Yeah, you figured it out. And I see.
  • Agustino
    I believe it is a composite of 'Buxtehude' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieterich_Buxtehude) and 'Buddha'. Perhaps Shyster Eggfart is fond of organs. ;)John
    >:O Haha, I see, yes I had realised later on as well (but for some reason TPF didn't warn me of your reply - it's not the first time I don't get a notification when you reply LOL).

I see. But the Buddha bit threw me off, I was thinking along completely different lines.Agustino
  • Agustino
    The two may be closely related; so it's an easy mistake.John
    Very interesting how the mind of a supposed life-long celibate in his case functions :P
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.