• Arne
    No, he does not speak directly in terms of freedom. However, authentic Being-one's-Self is a choice. Please see Being and Time at 312-313Arne
    Joshs

Thank you, Josh My bad. I did not intend to imply that "freedom" is a term Heidegger never uses. But it does not carry the same gravitas for Heidegger as it does for Sartre. Not to mention, I have a deeper interest in Division One of Being and Time than Division Two. I should have taken more care with my answer.

Thanking you again.
  • Corvus
    No, he does not speak directly in terms of freedom. However, authentic Being-one's-Self is a choice. Please see Being and Time at 312-313.Arne

:cool: :up:
  • ENOAH
    Would Sartre contend that freedom is a product of our biology ontologically speaking?Justin5679

I cannot say what Sartre would contend, but climbing upon his shoulders, at least, I can see this. The biological being, I contend to be the only ultimately real being, the being in itself, Being, has radical freedom from the ultimate emptiness of the becoming, the being for itself (and other).
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.