• AmadeusD
    The people here saying you can't hold the individual population accountable are likely those who hate holding themselves accountable for anything in the first place.Vaskane

Given that these are two demonstrably different things, morally and actually, how are you equivocating? Genuinely, not like i've written it off and am scoffing.
  • AmadeusD
    Ah ok, fair enough. Yeah, effective in that context. Thanks mate.
  • LFranc
    When two 86-year-old Russian women talk about this thread while being interviewed...! Have a look at the end ->
    "Irina and Ioulia, both 86 and childhood friends, came together to pay tribute to Alexeï Navalny.

Both are regulars at opposition demonstrations or, "when it was possible", against the war in Ukraine. Irina also remembers, as a child, attending Joseph Stalin's funeral. "That day, I cried... What an idiot I was!" She was also at the airport in January 2021, when Alexeï Navalny returned to Russia after being poisoned. "They changed the arrival airport at the last minute, the cowards...".

However, she is not only angry with Vladimir Putin's regime, but also with her fellow citizens, who failed to defend their rights: "If there had been more than a few hundred of us waiting for him... Even in my own social circle, there are only a few people who think like me. It wasn't Putin who killed Navalny, it was Russia." " (from Le Monde)
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.