• L'éléphant
    It can be shown that we are living in a block universe once we accept the special relativity. You might be interested to read this.MoK
    That'll be for another day. Not sure if I accept the block universe. Thanks for the link. Good read.

I see, so you are claiming space and time are substances—contrary to your original claim. Unless you are just noting that they are not separate substances when you said they are not substances.Bob Ross
    I can't call spacetime a substance because a substance is a separate property from all the other things in the universe. I just explained in my previous post that you cannot separate spacetime from existence.
  • Bob Ross

Got it. By substance I was more thinking of just something that exists, an entity, in reality.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.