• Banno
    Wrong questionbert1

Yes!
  • Mikie
    "Why do things happen?" Seems like a question.
    — Mikie

It is a question.
    bert1

No, it's just nonsense. You're free to adopt this sentimental perspective so that no one's feelings are hurt (obviously your own, most importantly), where no interrogative is "wrong," but I'll stick with the perspective that some questions are, indeed, wrong, bad, worse, etc.

As I said, perhaps growing thicker skin is what's really required.
  • bert1
    I'll address the preoccupation with skin. Rather than a thick skin, I'd like a thick oily fur like a seal's. Then I could live outside, in or out of water, I need never fear being homeless. I could give people cuddles in exchange for food.
  • punos
    For every wrong question there is a wrong answer, and for every wrong answer there is a right question.
    For every right question there is a right answer, and for every right answer there is a wrong question.
    Probably.
  • bert1
    As I see it, most of the disagreements and misunderstandings here on the forum arise from people mistaking metaphysical questions for questions of fact. When someone asks a question I regard as wrongheaded from that perspective, I often point it out.T Clark

That's an invitation to dialogue it seems to me.
  • Richard B
    Sometimes a question makes sense, or sometimes a question compels one to give it sense so to continue the dialogue; otherwise, we are talking nonsense.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.