• chiknsld
    Far away I can see a light. It's very dark and there seems to be nothing around me. If only I could get to that small light. But there seems to be an eternal darkness. This light will not come closer to me. It is very tiny. I cannot swim there. I cannot float there. The more I try to move it does not matter. I am not getting any closer to...There is nowhere else to go, it is all I see in a far far away distance...of darkness.

This is consciousness.

It is eternal darkness, facing towards a tiny light that you will never reach. This light has no explanation. I am completely consumed by darkness, but except for this far-away tiny light, it gives me something to look at.
  • Deletedmemberzc
    This is consciousness.chiknsld

Correction: This is consciousness of despair.

Your tiny light is, in fact, sun and cotillion - perhaps "a multitude in transports of joy."* Get to that joy.

In infinite darkness, it may be wise to deprioritize the brain in favor of the hand. Every organ has its season. To paraphrase Dante - rapt in the womb of his golden archefaunaflora: "Gotta till the earth if you want a rose."**

*Samuel Beckett
    **The Indigo Girls
  • chiknsld
    This is consciousness.
    — chiknsld

Correction: This is consciousness of despair.

Your tiny light is, in fact, sun and cotillion - perhaps "a multitude in transports of joy."* Get to that joy.

In infinite darkness, it may be wise to deprioritize the brain in favor of the hand. Every organ has its season. To paraphrase Dante - rapt in the womb of his golden archefaunaflora: "Gotta till the earth if you want a rose."**

*Samuel Beckett
    **The Indigo Girls
    ZzzoneiroCosm

:flower:
  • Agent Smith
    The Light of the Tao is Dark.
  • baker
    Listening to the Smiths a lot ...

• unenlightened
    Beloved how I love, how I love
    To see things through the magic of your eyes
    To share things that make your spirit rise up
    But try as I might, and try as I may
    I can't see anything.

• unenlightened
    When the light is too far, music comes close. The sound of the human voice declares one is not alone in the dark; one has companions.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.