• RogueAI
    The main difference between Trump and Biden is that Biden and the Democrats would not try a Reichstag Fire to stay in power, even if they thought it would work. That's just not in the DNA of the party. Trump, and the GOP, would.
  • NOS4A2

But that’s exactly what they did. The J6 protest was Biden Inc’s Reichstag fire. Remember that Nazis claimed the fire was a plot to topple the government, and used the lie to crush their opponents.
  • Baden

That was Joe in the moose hat? By Jove!
  • NOS4A2

Moose hat? No, he was the guy claiming it was an insurrection. In fact, I think he might be the first guy to use the term, and everyone else just followed.
  • Baden
    Moose hat? No.NOS4A2

Moose, no? Perhaps you're talking bull then? I fancy him an asshat. But I am too kind. :halo:
  • NOS4A2

Yeah, you need to learn the difference between horns and antlers.
  • Baden

Ah yes, of course! Many thanks, Professor Furaytoo!
  • unenlightened
    Some interesting (to me) discussion of the inexplicable (to me) convergence of the right and the evangelicals here in the first 25mins of this.

• unenlightened
    Another rat departs the hopefully sinking ship, armed with enough insider testimony to plea bargain his own case.

Meanwhile, the twenty year long conspiracy to pervert the course of British justice that is the Post Office False Prosecutions Scandal remains without a single arrest of an official or the payment of any compensation. (This in case the US government and its fans feel lonely in their corruption.)
  • Paine

It was pretty darn clever of Joe to get T to call for a protest on that day and send them to the Capitol with people he knew were armed.

The genius of the plot unfurls further when one considers how Joe infiltrated the circle of associations between willing participants in overturning the vote count that day. Fusing the efforts of The Proud Boys with the Electoral Vote Plot while operating as a Democrat is a dazzling display of Bad Boy politics that Roy Cohn would have saluted if he understood it.

No word from the spinning grave as yet.
  • NOS4A2

Clever? It’s authoritarian. He used the insurrection lie as a pretext to weaponize the DOJ against his political opponent, jail those who protested his presidency, and to paint those he doesn’t like as extremists.
  • Paine

That narrative would have some teeth if the evidence to the contrary was not so obvious to all who observed the incidents as they happened in real time.

Your story will have to explain how that was engineered.
  • NOS4A2

What evidence to the contrary?
  • Paine

Contrary to what?
  • NOS4A2

“That narrative”.
  • Paine

It is your narrative. Are you asking me to explain your theory to you?
  • NOS4A2

You said the evidence to the contrary was obvious. What evidence to the contrary?
  • Paine

The confluence of efforts to change the electoral votes combined with the support given on the day by T and afterwards, in the form of referring to the participants as hostages, and what not.
  • NOS4A2

None of that is contrary to what I said.
  • Paine

Not even the part where Biden engineered the whole event?
  • NOS4A2

You’re imaging things, friend.
  • Paine

I accept your withdrawal from your thesis.
  • NOS4A2

I never said what you claim I did. I kindly withdraw.
  • Paine

But you claimed that the apparent attempt by T to overturn the election results was a plot perpetrated by Biden. Those are your words. Are your words only something that are claimed afterwards?
  • NOS4A2

Those are your words.
  • Paine

So, you have none?
  • NOS4A2

This is too weird, even for me.
  • Paine

Lame response, considering what you have claimed.
  • AmadeusD
    You're both being weird.

Either quote the words, so NOS can respond to them or continue talking past each other :)
  • Paine

What is wrong with assuming the previous statements have been read and understood? Did I leave something out?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.