• javi2541997
    but we'll need Greek yoghurt so...not sure.Jamal

:100: :rofl:
  • praxis

Looks short on parking. Could offer valet service though, I suppose. What am I saying, what sort of half-baked renaissance doesn’t have valet parking.
  • Cuthbert
    what sort of half-baked renaissance doesn’t have valet parkingpraxis

Good point. I think the important thing is to commission a tapestry or embroidery to commemorate the event. I'm hoping that Tracey Emin will oblige. Parking problems could be one of the themes.
  • Bitter Crank
    God knows Indiana needs a renaissance. But then, so do 1001 other post-empire agglomerations of peasant hovels, many of them selling cigs well above state minimum prices. Iowa, for example; it's just tragic.
  • Noble Dust

I’ll take a Greyhound over to scope it out for us.
  • Bitter Crank
    We'll need fancier clothing too. Let's see, who here fits the costume?

50ead3cc3250fbbe65d0d5e2a45a31c7.jpg

This time around, the cod piece has to match reality. Pumpkin pants, anyone? Better get used to ruffles and cod pieces.

81f8984495c942ad95403196dd16ea627f89e926.jpg
  • praxis

No problem, I hear that cod pieces are making a comeback anyway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPfPCcFYOd4hHObm2Qjh_e6-NAvhzLf8AU1A&usqp=CAU
  • T Clark
    @Jamal

I got one of my every-so-often emails from our friend Marco trying to get me to help him open an account. I see that an "invitation code" is required to join now. Thanks a lot Marco you little twerp.

How do people with a legitimate interest in the forum get a code? I see there are a few recent new members.
  • god must be atheist
    Can a new member be not recent, or a recently joined member not be a new member?

There was a radio station in Toronto that specialized in new music. And at Christmas time in Toronto all stations played for 48 hours (minus commercials time) the best of their genre. So this "new music" station declared ahead of Christmas, that they will play "the best new music of all times."

Maybe it was a joke. But I thought it was a joke.
  • T Clark
    Can a new member be not recent, or a recently joined member not be a new member?god must be atheist

I'm pretty sure you know what I'm asking.
  • javi2541997
    We'll need fancier clothing too. Let's see, who here fits the costume?Bitter Crank

Hmmm... :yikes:

guia_de_estilo_la_capa_829381493.jpg
  • Jamal
    After we've done the Renaissance we can go to Enlightenment Street, Las Vegas.
  • Cuthbert
    Perfect. They are even building a new house that we could use for the purpose.
  • Cuthbert
    People who bought the Renaissance also enjoyed the Enlightenment. The first one was held in Scotland, I believe. Did I get that right?
  • Cuthbert
    Great idea. That's a bus, right? As in "...boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburg", Simon and Garfunkel. But it reminds me we need to check valet parking and dog-friendly facilities.
  • god must be atheist
    I'm pretty sure you know what I'm asking.T Clark

You're right. I understood your expression. However, I was asking a different question. A rhetorical one at that.
  • Amity
    the Enlightenment. The first one was held in Scotland, I believe. Did I get that right?Cuthbert

*splutters*
    It wisnae us :naughty:
    But - aye, maybe...
    We supped porridge, broth and custard oot o' the same bowl wi' a very, lang spoon :cool:
  • Cuthbert
    True. Perhaps Scottish intellectuals were more inclined to share cutlery with France. Perhaps this new Enlightenment can be a fresh start in so many ways.
  • Amity
    Perhaps Scottish intellectuals were more inclined to share cutlery with France. Perhaps this new Enlightenment can be a fresh start in so many ways.Cuthbert

Perhaps pull this out of the Shoutbox?
    I don't know enough about it...but I'm sure you do. Could enlighten us, perhaps :chin:
  • Cuthbert
    OK. I'm flippant. But please understand I was not trying to be flippant at the expense of anyone. If anything it was a big-up to Scotland. Intended to be, anyhow. :flower:
  • Jamal
    It so happens that I'll be in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks. Big Dave is still hanging around the High Street. I'm sure he'll be happy to chip in.

tcbxpunqr9t244d3.jpeg
  • Amity
    OK. I'm flippant. But please understand I was not trying to be flippant at the expense of anyone. If anything it was a big-up to Scotland. Intended to be, anyhow.Cuthbert

Hell's teeth. I wasn't getting at you. Did I sound like a school marm? :yikes:
    I love the way the Shoutbox works sometimes to lighten the load.
    The humour is appreciated.
    It can also be a springboard for ideas that perhaps could do with more attention.
    Your thoughts and questions intrigued me.
    That's all...
    Note to self: Work on communication skills :nerd:
  • Jamal
    Yes. If anything, this is where we see the vicious anti-Scottish prejudice rear its ugly head:

It wisnae us :naughty:
    But - aye, maybe...
    We supped porridge, broth and custard oot o' the same bowl wi' a very, lang spoon
    Amity

I'm offended! Porridge and custard were the original fuel of the philosophical revolution that propelled us into the modern age.
  • Amity

Can't decide which emoticon to use :chin:
    :vomit: :scream: :lol:
  • Jamal
    :vomit:Amity

I didn't mean to imply that the porridge and custard were mixed together.
  • Amity

I believe you, pie man :kiss:
  • Changeling
    Intended to be, anyhow.Cuthbert

You used a participle clause here. You seem well-versed and to-grips with the grammatical nuances of the English language. Would you agree?
  • Jamal
    I believe you, pie man :kiss:Amity

:yum:
  • Benkei
    I shared a story I probably should've saved for the competition but... Meh. https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/13300/letter-from-oslo/p1
  • Benkei
    Called that because they stuff cod in their pants to pretend to have a bigger package. No thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions