• Cavacava

I like vaping it, less nasty stuff in vapor & no mess, it does not smell, so it is suitable for use just about anywhere.
  • Mongrel
    How do you get it as a liquid?
  • Cavacava
    I buy it. It is apparently extracted locally, it's good and potent so "a little dab'll do ya"
  • Hanover
    The whole legalization of cannabis thing has gone farther than I thought it would. It's not just that you can buy the plant, but you can buy all sorts of novelties with the extracted THC in it. The argument as I first understood it was that pot was just a natural plant and it should be legal, but what they're selling now is a lab created extract of much higher potency than could ever be found in the plant.

The point being that if they're now allowing over the counter sale of basically a pharmaceutical, why create this odd limitation to just marijuana? What was once specially prohibited now has become specially available.

It's hard to believe that the object of the legalize pot movement was to make THC laced gummy bears generally available.
  • Mongrel
    Likewise the point of legalizing alcohol wasn't to make jello shots available. Or was it?
  • S
    The whole legalization of cannabis thing has gone farther than I thought it would. It's not just that you can buy the plant, but you can buy all sorts of novelties with the extracted THC in it. The argument as I first understood it was that pot was just a natural plant and it should be legal, but what they're selling now is a lab created extract of much higher potency than could ever be found in the plant.

The point being that if they're now allowing over the counter sale of basically a pharmaceutical, why create this odd limitation to just marijuana? What was once specially prohibited now has become specially available.

It's hard to believe that the object of the legalize pot movement was to make THC laced gummy bears generally available.
    Hanover

The argument as you first understood it is not the argument that I make, and I've ridiculed others for making it. It makes a fallacious appeal to nature. The argument that I make is about liberty, recreation and consistency, and has nothing to do with whether or not it's natural.
  • Michael
    It's hard to believe that the object of the legalize pot movement was to make THC laced gummy bears generally available.Hanover

Probably wasn't. It'd just be an unintended consequence of a vague regulation.

The argument as I first understood it was that pot was just a natural plant and it should be legal, but what they're selling now is a lab created extract of much higher potency than could ever be found in the plant.

Can't speak for the U.S., but the Lib Dem manifesto specifically says that there will be limits on potency (much like there's limits on the strength of alcohol).
  • Michael
    Likewise the point of legalizing alcohol wasn't to make jello shots available. Or was it?Mongrel

No, Jägerbombs.

Hmm, Jägerbomb jello shots...
  • _db
    Not sure how effective this is going to be, but it's worth a shot I guess:

https://impeachdonaldtrumpnow.org/
  • VagabondSpectre
    Some interesting shit happened this week:

"The Pirates of: The Pirates of the Caribbean; Paid Ransomers Leak No Tales?"

This comes on the heels of a ransomware attack which encrypted the hard drives of thousands of computers across the globe which used an exploit contained in the NSA hacking kit leaks from a few months ago.

So the ransomers are demanding that Disney pay a huge sum of cash to the hackers who stole the upcoming pirates movie (ten days until release), and so far word is Disney isn't planning on paying.

Personally I wouldn't pay either otherwise it incentivizes more of the same theft for ransom. But this marks a very interesting development in the new world of digital media.
  • Mongrel
    I was a little offended by the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie because it failed to touch on the role the Caribbean played in the Atlantic slave trade/Triangular trade.

So.. I think it's probably karma.
  • VagabondSpectre

No! It can't be!

The Caribbean was all adorable and eccentric swashbucklers! :D

Have you seen the show "Black Sails"? It goes fairly in-depth into colonial era slavery. It's like PoTC but realistic, and far better in my opinion.
  • Mongrel
    I'm anti-swashbuckling. It should be illegal.

No, I haven't seen Black Sails. It's probably on the Roku somewhere.
  • VagabondSpectre
    It's fiction based on events preceding the "Treasure Island" story, set in and around Nassau, circa the slave uprisings which occurred there, and very much grounds itself in real world history (including genuine historical pirates).
  • Mongrel
    Oh, actually that sounds fascinating. Thanks!
  • Michael
    Looks like Assange might finally be able to get some fresh air.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39973864
  • Benkei
    The longer hair suits her better I suppose but this works. Glad she's free.
  • StreetlightX
    My favourite headline I saw somewhere about this was 'Pirates Pirate Pirates'.
  • Cavacava
    In November 2015, the Department of Justice filed a court brief arguing that allowing Manning’s hair to grow out would “pose a significant security risk, and would undermine the USDB’s important military mission.”

Interesting article about her and her hair, here

She can finally let it grow out.
  • Wosret
    You know that Thomas Paine argued in the Age of Reason that all of the prophets were poets and musicians.
  • Hanover
    I prophesized that you were going to say that.
  • Wosret

Ah, but I knew that you knew.
  • Shawn
    People need to preface what Putin says with the fact that he's an ex-KGB agent who is loyal to the cause of restoring the former Soviet Union to its former glory.

It's really not that hard, is it?
  • Shawn
    Samurai Jack just ended.

*Being sad and all that it did.*
  • Wosret

Oh, I've been watching it, but I haven't watched the last one or two probably. I ought to do that if I have time laters.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    As I am trying to figure out how to pay for my youngest Indians college, I watch students walk out of Notre Dame Graduation ceremony as Vice President Mike Pence took the stage and two thoughts ran through my head.
    1) If I paid my child's tuition to attend Notre Dame University AND they decided to walk out on the VP of the USA? I wouldn't just be livid but I would have been one of the folks BOOING the students as they slunk out in peaceful protest.
    2) In an HR position? I would do my research if a Notre Dame graduate applied for a job to see what kind of respect they showed their guest, regardless of their personal opinion of that guest. Because in the real world, you often have to smile and be pleasant when you really feel like telling a person off.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    If you have no health insurance, the hospital will work with you by reducing your bill by 75% for that same $5k procedure and a payment plan that you can afford.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Is this really true, you can get the hospital to reduce your bill by 75%?
  • Benkei
    If I paid my child's tuition to attend Notre Dame University AND they decided to walk out on the VP of the USA? I wouldn't just be livid but I would have been one of the folks BOOING the students as they slunk out in peaceful protest.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Why?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions