• Hanover
    How do you remember that? I think I joined 2005/2006.Michael

I celebrate my anniversary date for joining here instead of my birthday now. It's just that important to me.

I think I joined here in the mid 80s. I can't remember. That might have been when I graduated high school, or it might have been when I lost my virginity to your mom. It all runs together after a while.
  • Maw
    I looked it up using the way way back machine site. It has screenshots of a bunch of pages from the OG site
  • Maw
    What are the odds that Jordan Peterson survives 2020 I'm thinking pretty low
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    How do you remember that? I think I joined 2005/2006.Michael
    How can you not remember?
    Wait... you are finally getting old enough to understand the failings of even the most AWESOME minds!
    Whew...I was beginning to worry about it.... wait what was I talking about being impressed with...oh yeah your tattoo! Yes! That's what we should be sure is aging well. :starstruck:

Btw: I was adopted by PF in November 2009... I'm pretty sure.... :love:
  • Michael
    How can you not remember?
    Wait... you are finally getting old enough to understand the failings of even the most AWESOME minds!
    Whew...I was beginning to worry about it.... wait what was I talking about being impressed with...oh yeah your tattoo! Yes! That's what we should be sure is aging well.
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

I think my excessive consumption of energy drinks is killing my brain cells.
  • Noble Dust

Yerba Mate all deh Breh
  • Shawn
    It's pretty wallowsome.
  • Shawn
    Quo va dis?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Missing ........hmmmm ..... anticipating our youngest indian returning to school after the summer that never was.... heartbreaking in so many ways. He came home a young man and is returning an adult man. Seeing your Dad on the edge of death for weeks on end and have had to literally peel your Mother off the floor of desperation... I can only imagine .....
    Thank you :sparkle:
  • darthbarracuda
    Wildfires in Colorado are getting bad. Smoke is everywhere and irritates the throat if you are outside for too long. I was eight miles away from one of the fires this weekend.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    If you don't have your health, you have nothing. You can fight to heal back stronger than you were before but it has to come from within.
    No matter how much water I drink, it will never satisfy your thirst. It's that basic. :pray:

I'm running thin on optimisin my friends. I need people to have a little faith in me.

~ What lays on the other side? Mars Man knows if anyone does but his phone is a bit out of range.
  • Sir2u
    I need people to have a little faith in me.ArguingWAristotleTiff

One super giant double scoop coming up.
  • Shawn
    Taking some tests with computers.
  • Shawn
    I've got nothing to prove here. Proved it to myself.
  • Caldwell
    One super giant double scoop coming up.Sir2u

Make that vanilla, please.
  • Caldwell
    How are you, Sir2U?
  • Sir2u
    Don't want to bore you but....

I am sick and bloody tired of being locked up. Lock down really sucks. I have cut more grass in the last six months than I have in the last twenty freaking years, just to do something outside the house. I have decided that I am going to build a pool in December so that during the next pandemic I will at least be able to go swimming.

Working from home is wonderful though, no bus rides, no cold lunches, don't even have to wear pants. They say that we should be able to return in February. I hope so and I hope not, can't decide. I really should have retired last year but I need the money to do that.

Stopping here before I really do bore you.

How's things with you?
  • Michael
    How's things with you?Sir2u

The only in-person human interaction I've had since 16th March has been two haircuts.
  • Sir2u
    The only in-person human interaction I've had since 16th March has been two haircuts.Michael

You have my most sincere sympathy. When they finally let everyone out the damn thing will probably explode all over the place again.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I am wanting to know if anyone has any experience with PTS?
    Feel free to private message me if you want to remain anonymous.
    Thank you :flower:
  • 0 thru 9

Wait, I don’t get it... why is the dog staring contemplatively after eating philosophy... oh, I get it now. :grin:
    I’ve tried learning by osmosis, but never learning by digestion. (wonders what The Complete Works of Kant would taste like).
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Someone please make Martha McSalley stop calling my biz landline?
    OMG just the sound of her voice makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Are we allowed out of timeout yet? :cry:
    I am waiting on a Professor to help get a Cisco WebEx meeting started. We agreed on 1:15 and I have been sending her emails every 10 minutes but I have another meeting at 2:00. LOVE remote learning
    :confused:
    And no I am not THAT student :roll:
    Tapping my nails ..... ..... .....

How is life treating you? @Hanover @unenlightened @Sir2u @180 Proof @Baden @jamalrob

<tossing in her fishing line

Hey @Banno How are you doing?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    WOW and I am paying for this class, AGAIN!
    Yeah, I took the class before but withdrew because of circumstances but that was in the 90's. Now I am taking it at 50 and do you think the lady could at least drop me a reply note?
    Very disappointed. Probably as disappointed as my Mom was when she paid for the class first time around. Okay I get it.
    Karma's a bitch
  • Sir2u
    Are we allowed out of timeout yet?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Nope.

LOVE remote learningArguingWAristotleTiff

Nope.

How is life treating you?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Not very good.

Man, am I starting to sound negative or what?

Karma's a bitchArguingWAristotleTiff

Yep.
  • Sir2u
    Not very good.Sir2u

I just realized that I should have said, according to common standards, "Not very well".

But I am reading about the history of the English language and the lady says that good has slipped from meaning just morally correct and is now acceptably used to refer to health and other stuff as well.

Now guess how freaking bored I am. :rofl:
  • jamalrob
    How is life treating you? Hanover @unenlightened @Sir2u @180 Proof @Baden @jamalrobArguingWAristotleTiff

Pretty good thanks Tiff, but I'm growing fat with big city life. I was lucky that I was in Moscow with my wife when the pandemic really kicked off, otherwise I'd have been stuck in Spain alone. On the other hand, in that case I'd have remained slimmer, more independent, richer, and more attractive, so... swings and roundabouts.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions