• Marchesk
    The Friends of Qualia didn't seem to want to engage with that, either.Banno

I do agree on one thing regarding p-zombies. A world of zombies would not include talk of colors, tastes and pains. And thus, there would be no qualia or hard problem debate. The philosophical zombies could not originate such notions.

I suspect some of you would rather live in that world.
  • Banno
    ...and...
  • Banno
    ...that'll do.
  • Olivier5
    Dennett has introduced this confusion through his misuse of the term 'qualiaLuke

Yes, and I think he did so on purpose, in order to confuse the simple minded.
  • Olivier5
    Anyway, I appreciate that you're taking an embedded approach rather than viewing objectivity and subjectivity as opposing duals. I can agree with that.Andrew M

In fact, to move from subjectivity to objectivity, one needs more subjects, adding and comparing their observations, So in a sense you get to objectivity by adding subjectivity to subjectivity, not by taking subjectivity away.
  • bongo fury
    A world of zombies would not include talk of colors, tastes and pains.Marchesk

How on earth not? How are the blessed creatures expected to agree policy toward the myriad stimuli if not by ordering and classifying them?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.