• Benkei
    You're operating under the moronic assumption that every discrimination on the basis of skin colour is wrong.Benkei

It is wrong because race, as fuzzy as it is superstitious, is no proxy for genetic susceptibility and actual biology.NOS4A2

Skin colour (and not "race", but a telling leap of logic there from you mr "colour blind") is most definitely a proxy for melanoma risk by the way.Benkei

I never said there is anything wrong with discrimination, so your point about bleach is a stupid one.NOS4A2

I have always been speaking about race, race-based discriminationNOS4A2

You've been talking race, in response to a point I made about discriminating based on skin colour while simultaneously accepting there is nothing really wrong with discrimination. You, sir, are simply confused.
  • NOS4A2

Clearly I was talking about race and race-based policy and medicine. I mistakenly thought you were as well, but I guess your entire argument was a red herring.
  • LuckyR
    Children!! My guess is there is a lot of commonality here. Firstly, everyone discriminates. The alternative would be to operate in human interactions randomly, which no one does. Thus not all or even most discrimination is negative. Codified discrimination (especially race based) is almost universally condemned (publicly). This wasn't always so and is a description of progress over time. Currently in the West most racism is peer to peer and thus while institutional in many cases, is not codified.
  • Benkei
    instituting discriminatory racial policies that target people based on the color of their skinNOS4A2

Clearly I was talking about race and race-based policy and medicine. I mistakenly thought you were as well, but I guess your entire argument was a red herring.NOS4A2

Clearly you're an idiot who doesn't speak English.
  • NOS4A2

Is skin-color not used as a marker of race? It is, as are other biological factors.

Let’s get this out of the way, then. Do you believe people should be discriminated against on the basis of race?
  • tim wood
    And we all in other threads have been more than once referred to Youtube presentations that make completely clear that race was never a respectable idea, and is just no idea at all now. No such thing as race. Which leaves so-called racial discrimination, about which the best we can say about it is that as so-called, it's an exercise in a vicious, stupid, ignorance. Let's then call things what they are and no longer what they are not, and if we lack names, let's try to find good and useful names.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment