• Janis
    ↪SophistiCat I recently read Dan Dennett's 'Freedom Evolves'. A sympathetic Nietzsche reader and an evolutionary psychologist(and philosopher of mind), he demonstrates how it is possible to maintain a notion of 'free will' while endorsing a Darwinian account of the origin of human behavior.Joshs

Dennett is a compatibilist. He's trying to keep both determinism and free will intact because he wants to keep the "free will" worth wanting. There are holes in his defense.
  • SophistiCat
    I recently read Dan Dennett's 'Freedom Evolves'. A sympathetic Nietzsche reader and an evolutionary psychologist(and philosopher of mind), he demonstrates how it is possible to maintain a notion of 'free will' while endorsing a Darwinian account of the origin of human behavior.Joshs

Evolutionary psychology accounts of free will are, to be sure, of the more speculative nature, but recent progress in neuroscience, psychology, complex systems and ecology help bridge the gap between theory and observation.
  • Janis
    People may be interested in hearing the author read his book, Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought. If you are interested in hearing more, please contact me on the contact page. My website is not set up to take credit card purchases yet. I am updating my site shortly.

Doesn't seem anyone is interested in this topic so I'm taking the link off. I'm offering such an important work but I can't seem to get noticed. There are so many competing discussions clamoring for attention that it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. If anyone happens to come upon this thread and are interested, please subscribe to my facebook page: facebook.com/SafeworldPublishingCompany . Thank you!
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet