• Banno
    What is all this shit about? Is it a choice between Trump and Mao? (You left him out of your pictures.)
  • Michael
    After testy call with Trump over border wall, Mexican president shelves plan to visit White House

One Mexican official said Trump “lost his temper.” But U.S. officials described him instead as being frustrated and exasperated, saying Trump believed it was unreasonable for Peña Nieto to expect him to back off his crowd-pleasing campaign promise of forcing Mexico to pay for the wall.

What? Trump thinks Nieto is obliged to honour a promise that Trump made? What is wrong with this man?
  • unenlightened
    What does that music have to do with Trump?René Descartes

Dude I am the official provider of hysterical historical perspective.
  • Agustino

Very good management by Trump here :up: .
  • Agustino
    By the way, you see a different face of Trump in the video above. He's a lot calmer, a lot more accepting of other points of views, more polite. Which shows exactly that his public persona is just that - a public persona. He can control his speech and actions when he needs to.
  • Michael

I like this quote of Trump's:

"I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time.

Take the guns first, go through due process second.”
  • LD Saunders
    Imagine what FOX NEWS would have said had Obama stated while president, "Take the guns first; go through due process second"? Isn't it amazing how a Republican president can support gun control in a way no Democratic president could? Sort of like Clinton being able to get people cut off from welfare without Democrats complaining. That's the problem with worshipping a person over principles. You always get conned in the end.
  • Agustino
    Now you see that Trump is a real man! :strong:
  • Baden
    "Take the guns first; go through due process second"LD Saunders

And Alex Jones' head explodes.

Now you see that Trump is a real man!Agustino

Credit where credit is due. Would it be too much to ask that he follow up by kicking his sons' butts for this?

0bsjuakfaey7ko5r.jpg
  • Benkei
    NRA :
    While today’s meeting made for great TV, the gun-control proposals discussed would make for bad policy that would not keep our children safe. Instead of punishing law-abiding gun owners for the acts of a deranged lunatic our leaders should pass meaningful reforms that would actually prevent future tragedies.

How many law-abiding gun owners would worry about background checks and registration? I mean really... The inherent falsehood of such statements is just appaling.
  • Baden

Instead of punishing law abiding citizens by checking their ID before giving them a beer all because of the acts of some deranged alcohol-loving teens we should do nothing because... money.
  • Agustino
    Would it be too much to ask that he follow up by kicking his sons' butts for this?Baden
    That would be good, but I think if Trump heard about it, he'd instead be like: "So they just killed a tiger in a shithole, right?" :rofl:
  • The Devils Disciple
    @René Descartes

You seem to be a vocal supporter of communism and yet i noticed in one of your other posts you said you believe in God. Two points of view which i thought were antithetical. Did not Karl Marx say of religon that it is "the soul of the soulless conditions" and the "opium of the people". My understanding of what karl marx was getting at here was that it was religon which kept the working class subservient.

Futhermore has not everysingle communist state persecuted the religous while enforcing atheism. Some historians also claim that since communist states had no god they had no morality, which in turn justified some of the greatest mass murder in history. Death tolls ranging from 20mill to 70mill, i think it is more dispicable to call yourself a communist than a nazi. (Both being terrible).
  • Agustino
    @Wayfarer thinks the Russians have kompromat on Trump :confused: :lol:
  • Cuthbert
    There is a PhD waiting to be written about moral panic and snow. Every time it snows in winter in the UK there is a minor moral panic in the press involving outrage that we are unable to cope - our degraded race, not as robust as our forefathers - and further outrage at safety warnings - our presumed inability to take sensible care of ourselves - and yet more outrage at the lack of foresight for transport and road systems - the lazy public workers, the fat cat incompetent managers - and at the silliness of drivers and the absurd demands placed on emergency services - our inability to understand the words 'necessary' or 'urgent'. Of course a minor moral panic can be generated by almost anything in the UK press. But I think snow has some special place, with the panic repeated afresh annually, each year as if this is the first time we have ever been saddened and affronted by the failings of other people in relation to snow. It's a particular snow thing. It doesn't apply to flooding or heat waves.
  • Agustino
    Poland was a Communist nation actually during much of the 20th century and yet Christianity thrived just as much as ever in that nation.René Descartes
    Are you Polish? I very much doubt this. In most of the Eastern bloc religion thrived but only nominally. Like if you ask people on the street they will tell you they're religious, buuuuut - if you watch how they behave :lol: :rofl:
  • Benkei
    Marx was a non - believer and in this case he referred to religion as providing pleasant illusions just like opium (and sapping strength to fight oppression). That said the famous quote is totally unrelated to Dass Kapital, so there really isn't a contradiction. You can disagree on the role of religion or the existence of God and still agree on a labour theory of value.
  • Agustino
    I think it was Peter Geach who said to atheists something like "You deny God's existence yet your attitudes and behaviours belief that claim". He is essentially saying people,call themselves atheists yet live their lives as though God exists, so I think you are wrong.René Descartes
    Hm? I'm saying that in Eastern European countries people call themselves religious, not atheists. But if you watch their behaviour, you see that that's not quite the case.
  • Agustino
    I don't think you understood Geach, or the argument.René Descartes
    Ok, if that makes you happier, I don't understand it.

And Eastern Orthodox Christians as well as Polish Catholics are far more dedicated and devoted to their religion then American Christians will ever be.René Descartes
    No, not necessarily.

And what behaviour are you talking about that are atheistRené Descartes
    Oh let's see - like cheating on their wives? Treating women like a sex toy? Corruption at all levels, starting from the local policeman to the President of the country. Greedy. Tax evasion. Uncaring. That's how many people are in Eastern Europe. Sure, they go to Church from time to time, wear crosses around their necks, receive the priest in their houses, etc. But to what end - the priest also takes bribes! :rofl:

Oh and I forgot about swearing - don't get me started on that one!
  • Agustino
    since you seem to be a devout atheist yourself.René Descartes
    I don't think you know me, and no I'm not an atheist.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.