• Noble Dust

Are you sure these slogans will fit on one of those ugly lawn signs?
  • Hanover
    never mind Satan and GeorgiaBitter Crank

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my campaign song:

• Bitter Crank
    I like that GOATOVER is already suffering an arrow of outrageous fortune lodged in his side. Now to get the goat into a sling [see Hamlet Act III sc. 1) so his supporters can investigate his positions at their leisure.

direct the National Forest Service or BLM to change the course of the moon’s orbitT Clark

Seems like GOATOVER is putting a lot of stock in Black Lives Matter's capacities.
  • T Clark
    Seems like GOATOVER is putting a lot of stock in Black Lives Matter's capacities.Bitter Crank

I assume you know that BLM means Bureau of Land Management in this context.
  • Bitter Crank
    You assume correctly. It's part of the Department of the Interior. Supposing that Black Lives Matter might be asked to alter the moon's orbit is more amusing than supposing that the Bureau of Land Management might be asked to do such a thing.

Amusing repartee is the point here, is it not? Speaking of which, your lawn signs for GOATOVER need a hefty dose of brevity and a sharper edge. Some potential white voters in Georgia can read now, but subtlety will be lost on them.
  • counterpunch
    Amusing repartee is the point here, is it not?Bitter Crank

No obviously so, no!
  • frank
    like that GOATOVER is already suffering an arrow of outrageous fortune lodged in his side.Bitter Crank

You have to be the underdog somehow, or the world will hate you.

Goats have struggled for years to get a little respect. Plus they're actually proud of the fact that they eat poison ivy. Fuck you connoisseurs.
  • T Clark
    Supposing that Black Lives Matter might be asked to alter the moon's orbit is more amusing than supposing that the Bureau of Land Management might be asked to do such a thing.Bitter Crank

But, on the other hand, Black Lives Matter has as good a chance of changing the moon's orbit as the Bureau of Land Management. So do Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent, Bitter Crank, Nancy Pelosi, and my dead great grandmother.

Amusing repartee is the point here, is it not?Bitter Crank

I will stipulate that your recent posts here are "amusing repartee" if you will do the same for me.

Some potential white voters in Georgia can read nowBitter Crank

Careful. You know how I get when someone disses my peeps.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Child trafficking? For what?frank

I'm shocked that this is not on the international radar seeing as how much it mattered during the last administration. Child trafficking is the most lucrative from of international business at the border from California to Texas.

I do find it odd what a difference a year makes in the eyes of those who stand or stood up for the "inhumane" treatment of asylum seekers.
  • frank

Well the nooz says the present issue has to do with a more humane approach used by Biden. He isn't shoving unaccompanied minors back into Mexico, so parents are actually paying criminals to take their kids.

This is a sign of severe social disintegration.

And there's no one to help.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    more humane approach used by Biden. He isn't shoving unaccompanied minors back into Mexico, so parents are actually paying criminals to take their kids.frank

These kids are being recycled and left by the smugglers when they cannot keep up.
    Border ranches are finding abandoned toddlers with phone numbers written on their arms in the hopes of being reunited. There is no need to separate the families because the parents are not coming with them.

This administration is indeed handling it a different way than the last.
  • frank
    They're just sending accompanied minors back with their parents. That's why parents are paying to have their kids smuggled in. That leaves the kids vulnerable to sex trafficking and slavery.

You know things have to be insane down there for parents to do this.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    And there's no one to help.frank

Seriously? Do you think our border patrol is saving asylum seekers daily or leaving their 911 calls unanswered?

No. The answer is always a hard no.
    When it comes down to the people on the front line, they who are "we" step up.
    Safety first, always. How do we control the influx of Covid-19 positive people coming in without us knowing?
    Are national borders open for business? Am I able to travel from the USA to Paris without vaccination or proof of a negative COVID 19 test within days of my travel?
  • Baden

You may be right but I had to laugh at this

"Lara Logan, host of Fox Nation’s “Lara Logan Has No Agenda,” " :lol:

Maybe Tucker Carlson should rename his show "Tucker Carlson Is Not a Racist".
  • frank
    I meant there's no one to help with the source of the problem: in central america.
  • Bitter Crank
    I assume you know that BLM means Bureau of Land Management in this context.T Clark

People should be respect established occupancy. BLM has been occupied by a branch of the United States Government [genuflect] for 75 years--long enough to establish permanent residency. NFL, NBC, or NPR, are not up for grabs. Just think how annoying it was when GDP replaced GNP!

I will stipulate that your recent posts here are "amusing repartee" if you will do the same for me.T Clark

Indubitably.
  • Bitter Crank
    Factoid: Humans are uniquely allergic to poison ivy. Many birds prefer poison ivy berries. "Wild turkeys, crows, and bobwhite quail are known to feed on poison ivy berries in winter. Black bears, deer, and raccoons even browse on the leaves and stems of the plant as well."

One species' poisoned chalice is another's salad bar.
  • frank
    That makes me mildly sad because of my relentless genocidal attitude about it.

Have you ever heard of a Chinaberry tree? It has feathery leaves, purple flowers and highly toxic berries. None of the wildlife around eats them. I've heard it's an old fashioned ornamental that never naturalized. It just happened to be in my backyard when I bought the place.
  • Bitter Crank
    highly toxic berriesfrank

More evidence of how nature is out to get us.
  • frank

So true. I think we should change the climate. That'll teach it.
  • Ladybug
    We need more chocolate here....
  • Sir2u
    We need more chocolate here....Ladybug

You can bring all you want, but the TPF rules state that you have to share. That also includes fried chicken and beef sandwiches.

Bring plenty, some of us will be sticking around until the have changed the moons orbit.
  • Sir2u
    "direct the National Forest Service or BLM to change the course of the moon’s orbit "— T ClarkBitter Crank

That reminded me of a British SciFi program from when I was last in England. They had used the moon to store all of the nuclear waste and one day it blow up. Sent the moon out of orbit and traveling into the wild empty yonder.
  • Ladybug
    haha indeed. Chocolate and fried chicken and beef sandwiches, but we need wine too. Lots of wine.
  • Hanover
    Got me a root canal today. I no longer have to hear that screaming sound when I drink a cold drink.
  • counterpunch
    Got me a root canal today. I no longer have to hear that screaming sound when I drink a cold drink.Hanover

Got me a cold drink today, for much the same reason! Cheers!
  • T Clark
    That reminded me of a British SciFi program from when I was last in England. They had used the moon to store all of the nuclear waste and one day it blow up. Sent the moon out of orbit and traveling into the wild empty yonder.Sir2u

That's just about as stupid as Rep. Gohmert's idea. Someone should educate people about conservation of angular momentum.
  • Hanover
    Got me a cold drink today, for much the same reason! Cheers!counterpunch

Your use of the term "cheers" signifies you might be British. If that is the case, I seriously doubt what you say. It is well documented that there is no dentistry in the UK.

qjcyusuum0u50tox.jpg
  • Ladybug
    Milk chocolate....... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions