• Mr Phil O'Sophy

We shall revolutionise the world and solve all problems! people will instantly become more empathetic and understanding. We shall unite! and invade Pluto as one chaotically conglomerate species!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    We shall revolutionize the world and solve all problems! people will instantly become more empathetic and understanding. We shall unite! and invade Pluto as one chaotically conglomerate species!Mr Phil O'Sophy

I think I need another cup of coffee first :wink:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Can you guess the name of this song based on the lyrics below without the use of the Internet.

"I was down at the New Amsterdam staring at this yellow-haired girl
    Mr. Jones strikes up a conversation with this black-haired flamenco dancer
    She dances while his father plays guitar
    She's suddenly beautiful
    We all want something beautiful
    I wish I was beautiful..."
  • Mr Phil O'Sophy

I don't really listen to music anymore, and didn't even know the names of the songs and artists when i did. So nope. I can't guess.

And doubt if you tell me I will be any more the wiser.
  • StreetlightX

This is the coolest thing.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    This is the coolest thing.StreetlightX

Yeah baby!!! This idea really does have some credence since many addicts are more afraid of sobriety than death itself.
  • Mr Phil O'Sophy

LOL headlines next year:
    "drug addictions through the roof because people wanted free flying lessons"
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    As many times as we 'thinkers' talk about firearms and senseless shootings, how the USA should only allow the authorities to have the firearms and not it's general population, I wonder how my fellow 'thinkers' feel about how the high school resource officer acted.

Many, many people including the President have called Officer Peterson a coward. Maybe I am too empathetic, maybe I don't wish to label another, maybe I can understand how no one, no one can know how they are going to behave when an actual crisis unfolds in front of you.

But just the slightest suggestion of the officer being anything less than a coward seems to not sit well with people. Can anyone understand where I am coming from?
  • Hanover
    You got it and set it free. Maybe that is how life is supposed to be?
    I am beginning to wonder if that isn't the real lesson in life. Loving enough to let go.
    ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I didn't as much set it free as much as it set itself free.
  • Hanover
    "I was down at the New Amsterdam staring at this yellow-haired girl
    Mr. Jones strikes up a conversation with this black-haired flamenco dancer
    She dances while his father plays guitar
    She's suddenly beautiful
    We all want something beautiful
    I wish I was beautiful..."
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

Are the Dylan allusions intentional or just curious accidents?

It's not Ballad of a Thin Man, but something is happening, but you don't know what it is, do you Mr. Jones?
  • Hanover
    "But I would argue that women are less likely to sit with legs open than men. Men need to not squish the go-nads, so it can be required to give them some space."ArguingWAristotleTiff

Actually most women I know keep their feet behind their ears while traveling by bus (but not by train for some reason) in order to keep themselves properly aired .. While not ladylike, it is hygienic and recommended. Men, on the other hand, should keep their legs crossed tightly in order to keep their testicles from bouncing uncontrollably as the bus finds its way through the city.

As it turns out then, most do it entirely backwards, except for the women I know, who are doing it just right.
  • Mr Phil O'Sophy
    in order to keep themselves properly airedHanover

should keep their legs crossed tightly in order to keep their testicles from bouncing uncontrollably as the bus finds its way through the city.Hanover

LOL

except for the women I know, who are doing it just right.Hanover

All hail the women!
  • Mr Phil O'Sophy
    Is it possible to print an entire thread? or do you need to print each page independently?
  • T Clark
    It's going well, and yes the moon landings were a hoax, the North Koreans actually got here first.René Descartes

What about the Nazi fortress on the dark side?

On a related note - Capricorn One, one of my favorite movies, is on Netflix now. It's about a conspiracy to fake a Mars landing.
  • Mr Phil O'Sophy
    Capricorn One, one of my favorite movies, is on Netflix now. It's about a conspiracy to fake a Mars landing.T Clark

might have to give that a watch one day when I'm not busy procrastinating on this forum from doing my uni assignments.
  • Mr Phil O'Sophy
    @René Descartes
    You should update your bio location to 'The Moon'.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Are the Dylan allusions intentional or just curious accidents?Hanover

Not intentional at all. In fact, this last song I was listening to was "Mr. Jones and Me" by The Black Crows I didn't know that either song was Dylan's.
    Take a listen and see if it feels the same...
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Is it possible to print an entire thread? or do you need to print each page independently?Mr Phil O'Sophy

@Michael might know of a way but the only way I can think of is to do screen shots. :meh:
  • Posty McPostface
    Rex, probably the most competent of all personnel in the Trump administration is gone.

What?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.