• Akanthinos
    I don't get what you see as 'attractive' in the exaggerated inward curve of the lower back. Granted, the normal spine is not ramrod straight, but there should only be a normal curve -- not a drastic curvature.Bitter Crank

Well, you chose a complete sideway slide for comparison, which has for effect to erase our ability to gauge the shoulder-to-abdomen ratio. Turn each of those models 30 degrees one side or the other, and suddenly Mr numeros 2 looks a lot less dumb, while Mr numeros 4 looks a lot more like a psychopath. If Mr numeros 2 would only draw one of his leg backward, it would already help offset the apparent disbalance a bit.

Anyway, I see a lot of women with type 2 posture that I wouldn't quite call unattractive.
  • Bitter Crank
    Some people seem to have a "jacked up ass". I guess some people like the look.
  • Buxtebuddha
    Transubstantiation is no harder to believe than that light is a wave and particle at the same time. That there are a practically infinite number of parallel universes that can never be seen. That the world consists of mathematics. That objective reality exists when there is no way, even in theory, to know it directly.T Clark

(Y)

Transubstantiation is still really esoteric, though.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    It's a really cool word though, transubstantiation, much cooler than transform. Cool enough to make one want to believe in it just on the sake of its coolness. What kind of cool words does science give us which are so cool that they would make us want to believe in them? Gondwanaland? Big Bang?, Quark? Quantum Entanglement? I don't think these compare for coolness.
  • TimeLine
    What are you guys all on about man?
  • StreetlightX
    Some post-pagan tribal ritual.
  • ProbablyTrue
    The "Children are children no more" thread reminded me of this:

• Noble Dust

Well said. If only materialists could wrap their heads around this concept. Belief is as funny a thing for the theist as it is for the atheist.
  • Agustino
    Some post-pagan tribal ritual.StreetlightX
    Oooh it's something that the poor white knight could not find in his POMO books hmmm X-)
  • Agustino
    It is because I see it for what it is that I reject it, as I reject magical thinking in general.Sapientia
    You are as convinced as Mike is about making some easy money trading Bitcoins >:) >:O >:O >:O
  • Noble Dust

Hey there, young tulip. Kindly note my quote of T Clark for the proper context of my comment.
  • Agustino
    Kindly note my quote of T Clark for the proper context of my comment.Noble Dust
    I did kindly take note of it, young lad. T Clark makes no mention of materialism >:)
  • Noble Dust

Yet it's clearly implied. I'll let T Clark correct me if I'm mistaken.
  • Agustino
    Yet it's clearly implied. I'll let T Clark correct me if I'm mistaken.Noble Dust
    Right X-) - it's implied there but not visible... I see X-)
  • Sapientia
    Why wouldn't I be so convinced? What next? Fire breathing dragons? Medusa? This stuff should not be taken seriously.
  • Agustino
    Why wouldn't I be so convinced? What next? Fire breathing dragons? Medusa? This stuff should not be taken seriously.Sapientia
    Because you've been given actual reasons.
  • Sapientia
    Because you've been given actual reasons.Agustino

You're funny. Obviously, those actual reasons aren't good enough.
  • Agustino
    You're funny. Obviously, those actual reasons aren't good enough.Sapientia
    This was too much for you:

Yes, actually, if you put it that way, in mystical experiences there are changes in the brain that are scientifically observable.Agustino
    You must have been like :OOOOOOOOOOO - what will I say now? :’( (Y)
  • Sapientia
    I haven't even gotten around to that yet. Hold your damn horses. What I've read thus far hasn't convinced me, and I don't have high hopes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.