• Michael
    I'm surprised how presidential Trump has been.Buxtebuddha

This is more unbelievable than wine turning into blood.
  • Agustino
    Anyway, I'm going out now to meet a friend for lunch. See you later.Sapientia
    Hope you enjoy your lunch.

Merely because one claims their experience is mystical doesn't mean that experience is in fact mystical.Buxtebuddha
    No, of course it doesn't. But you cannot outright reject the testimony of many millions of people without reason. So until some reasons are provided (ex. mystical experiences only appear to be mystical, but are in reality x y z physical process caused by m n b playing itself out), I'm free to reject that claim outright.
  • Bitter Crank
    Ooh. How embarrassing. Do you believe in transubstantiation?Sapientia

Me to Jesuit priest friend: "Bertrand Russell says that people who believe in transubstantiation are ready to believe in anything."

Jesuit priest friend: "Exactly."
  • Buxtebuddha
    Free to reject what claim?
  • Bitter Crank
    Agustino, I am not entirely sure why you attached that; Catholicism is not peculiar to America.TimeLine

Yes it is. Many Americans think that Catholicism is peculiar.
  • Bitter Crank
    the Rotties have let it be known that the end of the walkway leading up to the front door will be considered "delivered" just fine.ArguingWAristotleTiff

It sounds like the dogs have gotten out of hand, again.
  • Bitter Crank
    Mixing meat and dairy isn't kosher, don't corrupt him further.Wosret

I asked this question earlier, but no one saw fit to respond, as usual. Why isn't it kosher to make chicken with a milk sauce, since chickens don't feed their young on milk? I can see why creamed chipped beef on toast (aka shit on a shingle) is not kosher, since cows feed their young on their own milk. Is dipping raw chicken in egg before rolling in crumbs prior to frying kosher?

Maybe you two can straighten this out after you get done with transubstantiation (or Lutheran consubstantiation).
  • Wosret

It is because it's weird because of the relationships of the animals, or because it may actually be bad for you?

https://www.livestrong.com/article/379714-is-eating-meat-and-cheese-together-healthy/
  • Benkei
    What do you think these songs have in common? "You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful And You're Mine," "Sixteen Candles," Happy Birthday Sweet 16," "Sweet Little 16," "Only Sixteen." If you said that all of them are songs by grown men about how hot 16-year-old girls are, congratulations! Your prize is sadness.
    from cracked.com
  • Wosret

Did you hear that cracked laid off all the media employees? No more videos :(

An admin blamed the parent company, saying that online media in general is in trouble, and things may be changing abruptly with respect to it in general, as profits are evaporating.
  • Michael
    No more After Hours? Damn.
  • Wosret

Yeah, apparently a bunch of them pre-emptively quit. Soren got a job writing for American Dad now, if rumors are right.
  • Michael
    They should work together and build a new company. Call it Broked.
  • Wosret

I was sad enough to see Jack go, he was great. I really wish that they would as well... I always watch their daily videos. I'll most assuredly miss them.
  • Sapientia
    Yeah, mystical experiences are real, people experience them, you know.Agustino

Yes, I know. But they're not real evidence. A mystical experience is evidence of a mystical experience. You had a funny feeling. That's all.

Right good. So we settled that your first assumption that you can disbelieve transubstantiation because there is no physical evidence is silly.Agustino

I already clarified what I meant, and what I meant is not silly. I stand by it. To address what I said before the clarification is to do what I did when I addressed your misworded comment, but I had a better excuse, as you've definitely read my clarification at this point.

I'll carry on with this later. Out to get drunk with mates. See ya.
  • Agustino
    Yes, I know. But they're not real evidence. A mystical experience is evidence of a mystical experience. You had a funny feeling. That's all.Sapientia
    The experiences described are more than just "funny feelings".
  • Agustino
    I'll carry on with this later. Out to get drunk with mates. See ya.Sapientia
    Is today Friday? >:O
  • Agustino
    You Brits... I will never forget that you get drunk any day of the week >:O >:O >:O
  • Akanthinos
    As a woman, we have many issues to deal with in the sexual arena but having my nipples suddenly become uncontrollably hard, at the sight of a Fire Fighter has never led me astray. Why do males think of their boner as a sneaky little beast? It makes it sound like not only does it think on it's own but it acts (not against another) on it's own. Is that really what it is like?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Perhaps because one state influences more the mind of the male experiencing it than the female equivalent. Both boner and hardened nipples are involuntary reactions, so I can understand why you would think of one and another to compare. Perhaps, however, the boner comes with a more heavy cocktail of hormones, and those explains why it seems so much that for men, as said, that "a stiff prick doesn't have ethics".

Hormones can change the world. For me, the most obvious is when I wake up next to a women. It is absolutely impossible, however much a lady put works into her looks, that I will find her more attractive at any other time. And obviously it's about the time where we look at our worst, but my head is so full of whatever it if full of, that I cannot see any flaws.

Plus, hardened nipples can put a women in a thight spot, but it's hard to imagine a female-equivalent to the daddy-gets-a-hard-one-dancing-with-his-daughter-at-her-prom scenario. Yeah, it's likely some of those dads were complete creeps, but it's also likely a good part were as mortified by themselves as their girls.
  • Agustino
    Ahh, wait a second, I remember, first you Brits have pre-drinks... then you start the real drinking at around like 22:00-23:00 >:O >:O >:O . Never forget the warm-up >:O
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.