• Akanthinos

Bloody hell, my self image, man. Now I really gotta get that gym membership. >:o
  • Wosret

Makes me feel better about myself, lol.
  • Akanthinos

Well we can't all be that perfect, or at least, not without effort, Mister-Million-Dollard-Glutes-Muscles. :P
  • Wosret

Is lordosis really hot on a dude?
  • Akanthinos

Of course! After all, it's a prime trait for selection!

"As such, lordosis in the human spine is considered one of the primary physiological adaptations of the human skeleton that allows for human gait to be as energetically efficient as it is."

-wiki
  • Wosret
    Lordosis is excessive curvature. Which is clear, which is also a feminine trait. Likely means he feels pretty. Females do it ever so slightly when they're interested, and men do the opposite, tucking the pelvis forward when they are, ever so slightly. Which is why excess tends to go in those directions for either sex.

That's just the most clear and obvious thing, that should be easily seen by everyone, I notice other things which would be less obvious, and more controversial.
  • Wosret
    In yoga, they say that the hips are like a bowl, when you balance it properly, and don't spill out anywhere, the upper body above the hips is entirely weightless. The middle, or neutral being ideal.
  • Agustino
    Really, I think we need to advance beyond these kindergarten New Atheist objections. That's exactly the kind of thing that makes New Atheism entirely laughable. I'm not saying that you can't be a smart atheist, but for certain you can't be a smart New Atheist :P
  • Akanthinos
    Lordosis is excessive curvature.Wosret

No. Lordosis is normal inward curvature. You mean hyperlordosis. Lordosis is one of the reasons why human mouvement is more efficient than the gait-based mouvement of other primates.
  • Wosret
    "Lordosis is defined as an excessive inward curve of the spine. It differs from the spine's normal curves at the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions, which are, to a degree, either kyphotic (near the neck) or lordotic (closer to the low back)"

https://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/spinal-disorders/closer-look-lordosis
  • Agustino

Question for you two:

Reveal
    Who here suffers from Peyronie's Disease?
  • Wosret
    I found it interesting that BC selected that one, is he really all that gay? Lol. He likes big butts and he can't deny.
  • Wosret
    "Bathed in flames we held the brand, uncurl the fingers in your hand, pressed into the flesh like sand, now do you understand?" - Rise Against, Savior.
  • Sapientia
    Really, I think we need to advance beyond these kindergarten New Atheist objections. That's exactly the kind of thing that makes New Atheism entirely laughable. I'm not saying that you can't be a smart atheist, but for certain you can't be a smart New Atheist.
    :P
    Agustino

But the irony is that you are an Eastern Orthodox Christian, whereas I would be a smart Christian.
  • Akanthinos

That describes hyperlordosis. I guess lordosis is an accepted term for the hyperlordotic disorder. That's fine, it also has other meanings.

"Lordosis refers to the normal inward lordotic curvature of the lumbar and cervical regions of the human spine.[1] The normal outward (convex) curvature in the thoracic and sacral regions is termed kyphosis or kyphotic. The term comes from the Greek lordōsis, from lordos ("bent backward").[2]

Lordosis in the human spine makes it easier for humans to bring the bulk of their mass over the pelvis. This allows for a much more efficient walking gait than that of other primates, whose inflexible spines cause them to resort to an inefficient forward leaning "bent-knee, bent-waist" gait. As such, lordosis in the human spine is considered one of the primary physiological adaptations of the human skeleton that allows for human gait to be as energetically efficient as it is.[3]

Lower spine disorders occur when lumbar lordosis is excessive (lumbar hyperlordosis), minimal, or reversed into lumbar kyphosis. Lumbar hyperlordosis is commonly called hollow back or saddle back (after a similar condition that affects some horses). These conditions are usually a result of poor posture and can often be reversed by learning correct posture and using appropriate exercises.[4]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis

Lordosis also refers to a type of sexual behaviour present in mammals, the fact that quadruped mammal females communicate sexual receptivity through the lowering of the front limbs and the arching of the back (also called 'presenting'). For biped mammals which have a strong gait structure, that's more or less impossible, and useless. For hominid bipeds, presenting is a secondary sexual signaling system in both males and females, because it enhance the definition of sexually relevant features like the glutes in females, and the T-like structure of shoulders-and-abdomen in males.

So yeah, you could say most people find lordosis attractive. You could even say that hyperlordosis might be also attractive, in the way that hyper-exaggerated sexual features can be found attractive.
  • Akanthinos

Not me. Too young anyway.
  • unenlightened
    the first part of the Catholic response is A) mumbo-jumbo, and B) confirms what I said.ProbablyTrue

You might want to re-think this.
  • Wosret

A rose by any other name.
  • Bitter Crank
    So yeah, you could say most people find lordosis attractive.Akanthinos

I don't get what you see as 'attractive' in the exaggerated inward curve of the lower back. Granted, the normal spine is not ramrod straight, but there should only be a normal curve -- not a drastic curvature. I suppose if you are fixated on gluteus maxima, anything that makes them more prominent would be desirable. How about causing edema in the derrière -- that would make it bigger. So would cellulitis, a big tumor, (both sides, matched, please), and so on. You don't want to come off like a mouth breather with thoracic kyphosis

tumblr_p0m8dnpyFW1s4quuao1_500.png
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.