• T Clark
    funniest jokes I've ever heard,Hanover

I agree with your opinion delusion. Our genius is underappreciated.
  • T Clark
    My wife has distilled the formula for all my jokes and sometimes she'll start telling what I think to be the funniest jokes I've ever heard, only for me to finally figure out she was being me.Hanover

I was thinking about this some more. Seems like you're lucky enough to have someone who gets you. Not necessarily a common thing.
  • Hanover
    I was thinking about this some more. Seems like you're lucky enough to have someone who gets you. Not necessarily a common thing.T Clark

Got it right the second time.
  • Bitter Crank
    I'm impressed!

I was surprised to find that Burns' Civil War series was broadcast in 1990, 32 years ago; it doesn't seem like it was that far back. Shoah, a French production, was a 9 hour TV series in 1987, another very impressive documentary series.
  • Noble Dust

I should mention that that story is true, but the timeline was fictional. That session was around 2010 I think.
  • T Clark
    I sent out a post about a truck crash in Oklahoma last week. Here's a link:

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/739735

In another tragedy, there was crash in Florida today:

ytj4ibzl9oo6yaz0.png
  • Xtrix

Coors Light?

This was no tragedy.
  • Tate
    Brown rice
    avocados
    cheddar cheese
    mint
    dried cranberries
    salsa
  • Hanover
    Here's the full footage of the Coors truck before the wreck.

Anyone here get this reference?
  • T Clark
    Here's the full footage of the Coors truck before the wreck.Hanover

I forget. Was this the movie Sally Field got her Oscar for?
  • Hanover
    I think this is what you're thinking about.
  • T Clark
    I think this is what you're thinking about.Hanover

I watched the Flying Nun. The Flying Nun was a friend of mine. You're no Flying Nun.
  • L'éléphant
    Couscous
    Pomegranate arils
    Feta cheese
    Apple
    Yellow pepper
    Black olives
    Parsley

Extra seasoning is not required because the olives and feta are salty.
    Jamal

C'est bon. :up:
  • javi2541997
    Brown rice
    avocados
    cheddar cheese
    mint
    dried cranberries
    salsa
    Tate

Brown rice! :yum:
  • Jamal
    Anyone here get this reference?Hanover

As kids we were obsessed with Smokey and the Bandit and The Cannonball Run. Around that time a few people I knew were into CB radio as well, which may have been related.
  • Hanover
    As kids we were obsessed with Smokey and the Bandit and The Cannonball Run. Around that time a few people I knew were into CB radio as well, which may have been related.Jamal

I had a CB back then and I'd talk to nearby people. I talked to one lady about the squirrels in her attic. I can't recall the exact details, but every few nights for a few weeks I'd get back on and find her and bring the squirrel conversation back up. She seemed a little annoyed that I insisted on focusing on that topic, but not so much that she'd stop talking to me. I eventually grew tired of the CB and left the squirrel talk behind. Until now.

What about you? Any squirrel issues we need to discuss?
  • T Clark
    As kids we were obsessed with Smokey and the Bandit and The Cannonball Run.Jamal

I have the vision of a chase on a twisty turny Scottish road. They come around a corner and there's a herd of sheep in the middle of the road, so they have to wait to continue the chase.
  • T Clark
    Any squirrel issues we need to discuss?Hanover

In Scotland they call them leprechauns. Oh, wait, that's Ireland.
  • Jamal
    What about you? Any squirrel issues we need to discuss?Hanover

I think you know I have squirrel issues and you’re just rubbing salt in my wounds.

Be that as it may, on the day I flew to Scotland my brother said to me—this is a true story and I might have told it here already—that he foresaw a squirrel encounter in my near future. Well, I went for a walk the next day and saw a squirrel in a Presbyterian cemetery. It was only a non-native American grey so it didn’t really count, but still, it made me ponder the nature of things.

I have the vision of a chase on a twisty turny Scottish road. They come around a corner and there's a herd of sheep in the middle of the road, so they have to wait to continue the chase.T Clark

I like it.

I’ve been stuck in a car waiting for sheep a few times in the Highlands, a few times waiting for goats elsewhere in Europe, and for semi-wild horses in the Pyrenees.

The main reason I liked Cannonball Run was Adrienne Barbeau.
  • Cuthbert
    Oh, wait, that's IrelandT Clark

There are no squirrels in Ireland. Oh, wait, that's snakes.
  • Moliere
    I’ve been stuck in a car waiting for sheep a few times in the Highlands, a few times waiting for goats elsewhere in Europe, and for semi-wild horses in the Pyrenees.Jamal

I feel jealousy. All I've had to wait for are geese and cows.
  • Hanover
    Once in Iceland, some sheep got in front of my car and attempted to outrun the car instead of getting off to the side. I would slow down and so would they. FInally I had to stop so they'd get off the road.

I know you're thinking that can't be true because all my sheep stories must end with someone having sex with the sheep. Yeah, not this time.

Note the complexity of this joke. It makes fun of my formulaic jokes, showing I have nuance, self-awareness, humility, maturity, and charm.

It reminds me of the time I fucked @Baden's mother.
  • universeness
    I eventually grew tired of the CB and left the squirrel talk behind. Until now.Hanover

OMG, I remember you! How have you been stardust Lily!
  • universeness
    They come around a corner and there's a herd of sheep in the middle of the road, so they have to wait to continue the chase.T Clark

God cannot be invented until the sheep choose their path in Scotland. All gods bow to the Shepard. This commandment is written and will be done, lest the chip and the potato part ways. So sayeth the lord thy god., who existeth not! YEP, Friday night and I have been drinkin too much single malt! NEVER go onto TPF whilst totally pissed!!! I will regret this tomorrow morning!
  • Jamal
    I feel jealousy. All I've had to wait for are geese and cows.Moliere

I feel envy. I haven't had the pleasure of waiting for cows. Geese I don't care about.
  • Hanover
    Speaking of radios...

I was at the park the other day and a ham radio group was stretching wires all around the trees I think to communicate with Mars or something and it made me happy to be cooler than someone else for a moment, but then I reported that on a philosophy website I frequent, and then I wasn't anymore.

True story.
  • Cuthbert
    I was at the park the other day and a ham radio group was stretching wires all around the trees I think to communicate with Mars or somethingHanover

If they turn out to be an art collective working on their submission for the Turner prize then they won't look so uncool.
  • Hanover
    Did Niemann cheat? Is Carlson a dick? What are your thoughts?
  • Cuthbert
    I am immensely pleased with myself for having found a way to locate terms on the Stern-Brocot tree that an amateur (me) can understand.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions