• Hanover
    This does not negate the niceness of Canada. A null set can be regarded as a void, hence, the denial of any attributes attached to it is absurd.

Canada is not ugly, not nasty.

Canada is not full of shitty things.

Canada is not full of angry madmen, and it is not poor.
    god must be atheist

Sure, and the same can be said of Gibbernagook, a similarly mystical nowhere filled with nothing other than negations. Gibbernagook is overflowing with nothingness.
  • Hanover
    This is where I think South Park got its idea that Kenny, the poor boy, got killed in every episode conceivable. Or in almost every one of them.god must be atheist

Speaking of South Park, you'll recall the Canadians are all portrayed with lower jaws that don't attach to the rest of their face. I suspect that is because no one actually ever saw one.

b9020in4vxnp50n4.jpg
  • unenlightened
    Everything becomes like Neighbours by season 3.
  • Wosret
    Pretty true of my jaw, but I dunno about the rest of 'em. Fighting to the death is another of our traits. Mine at least.
  • god must be atheist
    Fighting to the death is another of our traitsWosret

I prefer to fight and come out alive, but we, Canadians, are a diverse ethnic society.
  • Noble Dust

I reckon no one ever actually planned on fighting to the death, it just happens. Hindsight is 0/20.
  • god must be atheist
    Canadians are all portrayed with lower jaws that don't attach to the rest of their face. I suspect that is because no one actually ever saw one.Hanover

If they never saw a Canadian, they would draw them as normal humans. Because why would one want to deviate from the norm when they draw humans? But then again, nobody ever saw a Unicorn, and they have a singular horn; nobody ever saw a UFO and they are all saucer-shaped; and nobody ever saw me do an honest day's work for and honest day's pay, and they figure I'm working at work (when I was working.)
  • Noble Dust
    Anyone else notate music? Dusting off the rust, and good lord this shit is an endless rabbit hole.
  • god must be atheist
    My post just got picked out of the crowd. I think the parser was programmed to pick those who are thought to brake a rule or something, due to some key words. I wonder if the post will ever see the daylight after a human (or after an Otter Box or whatever they call that test- yeah, the Turing test) laughs at the imperfection of their parser's capabilities.
  • Hanover
    How many times have you fought to the death?
  • Hanover
    The thing about Canadian Whiskey is that it's so inoffensive it's offensive, much like the nation itself.

With Scotch Whiskey and Tennessee Whiskey, it might get you in the mood for a fight. Seagrams just wants makes you want to apologize for speaking too loud.
  • Noble Dust
    Seagrams just wants makes you want to apologize for speaking too loud.Hanover

And makes wants to you speak but it doesn't you
  • Bitter Crank
    Minnesota is a lot like Canada, and it exists -- or so I believe, this being my province of existence. If one were, unbeknownst to oneself, relocated from the Longfellow neighborhood in Minneapolis to Winnipeg, it would probably be socially indistinguishable--just more Ukrainians, fewer Norwegians. Colder, definitely.
  • Wosret

Number of times... some kinds are worse than others though...

What if the world were ending tomorrow, and you had the chance to participate in a freefall swordfight? What else you gonna do?
  • god must be atheist
    GibbernagookHanover

If Gibbernagook did not exist, then how would people be able to speak and talk Gibberish? "I think, therefore I am", "I talk therefore language exists", "language can only exist within the framework of a society with culture" "Canadians are cultured individuals" "Death to guns, free medicare for everyone, and blonde women* all over the place in miniskirts".

* No offence meant to any ethnic group who hasn't discovered yet how to die one's hair blonde.
  • Hanover
    When I was in college, Crown Royal was considered to be the rich man's whiskey reserved for kings. That had to do with the crown on the bottle and the purple bag it came in. It was also really expensive. The real reason it was so well loved I believe is because it was so easy to drink. When you mixed it with Coke or 7-Up or any soft drink, you could barely taste it. The same wasn't true of Jim Beam or Jack Daniels.

As I've aged and matured, much like a fine bourbon, I realize that Canadian whiskey is not whiskey at all, but is instead the fermented cerebral spinal fluid tapped from Canadians as they apologized for having stored that fluid within them while all the while not having actually had a backbone.

And yes, that was an incredibly long way to make a joke about not having a backbone.
  • Noble Dust
    What else you gonna do?Wosret

I could think of any number of things.

I would have taken it more in the direction of the Lizard People sapping the Canadians spinal fluid to make Canadian whiskey, which was smuggled into the US during prohibition (true fact), in order to keep Americans sedated with endless booze, while draining Canadians of what gave them a backbone. Now Americans write songs about pick up trucks and beer and Canadians can't stop apologizing. Open up your mind to reality, dig it?
  • Jamal
    With Scotch Whiskey and Tennessee Whiskey, it might get you in the mood for a fight. Seagrams just wants makes you want to apologize for speaking too loud.Hanover

There are smooth and inoffensive Scottish whiskies. An uncle of mine said here, try some of this Dalwhinnie, it's a good starter whisky. I said fuck you uncle, give me the hard stuff.

I can't speak for Tennessee whisk(e)y. I tried Jack Daniel's and did not like it. It tasted like rum to me, and I am quite averse to the pirate's libation. I could not understand why it was so popular in Britain, and put it down to American cultural imperialism.
  • Baden
    I could not understand why it was so popular in Britain, and put it down to American cultural imperialism.Jamal

It makes Coca-Cola drinkable.
  • Jamal
    I like Coca-Cola, especially with a scoop of ice cream floating on top. I have that every day just after breakfast.
  • Baden

You have failed the anti-capitalist purity test. I declare myself General Secretary in a bloodless coup (although we can kill @Hanover if you like).
  • Jamal
    So long as I can get my daily coke float, I'm on board.
  • Baden

Deal. :party:
  • Jamal
    Cool. Note that at TPF, General Secretary is outranked by Supreme Leader. The former organizes the catering, that sort of thing.
  • Manuel
    Coke float is OK. Root beer float, better! It is a fine American invention, that no one should deny, because it's a fact.

Unless you dislike life's pleasures. And I'd call you, incorrectly, a philistine, because it feels nice to say that word.
  • Jamal
    I had root beer at A&W once, so I'm quite culturally sophisticated.
  • Manuel

Ah. Ok. Good. You pass the culture test.

Phew.
  • Baden
    Note that at TPF, General Secretary is outranked by Supreme Leader. The former organizes the catering, that sort of thing.Jamal

r411ts9iu3p948cm.jpeg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions