• Maw
    I am soaked in beer
  • Michael
    Is soccer like golf where the low score wins?Hanover

No, it's like the American Revolutionary War where the worse side wins.
  • Posty McPostface
    The forum is flourishing.
  • Hanover
    Now, now, that's just your anger speaking. Croatia is a lovely place. I saw a movie about it.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Croatia is a lovely place.Hanover

Croatian women are some of the warmest people I know. Their laughs are contagious so is their wine~ Last weekend we had a celebration of life for the husband of our Croatian woman friend and if you didn't know better, you would think you had stumbled upon a party. :heart:
  • Hanover
    Croatian women are some of the warmest people I know.ArguingWAristotleTiff

That's nice racism.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    That's nice racism.Hanover

:razz: Your cold blooded aren't ya?
  • 0 thru 9
    An epic struggle in the World Cup yesterday. And a smaller personal struggle to avoid hearing of the score until I could watch the whole recorded contest early this morning. Darn clock radio nearly ruined the surprise!

So the pitch black Crows have taken the Lions’ own meal... The kingly predator outdone by a scavenger’s zeal. (hmm... what rhymes with FIFA?)
  • Michael
    what rhymes with FIFA?0 thru 9

Queefer.
  • Baden

Unfortunately, I looked that up. There were obvious alternatives, damn you. e.g. Reefer.
  • 0 thru 9
    QueeferMichael

Excellenté! Any explanatory photos perhaps? :yum:
  • Sapientia
    Did you know that Earl Grey tea was named after Donald Trump? Some people say that it was named after Earl Grey, but that's fake news.
  • Michael
    If I hadn't said it then Hanover would have.
  • Sapientia
    I was playing Jackbox Party Pack 3 with friends the night before last. You get to name yourself. One of the names that I came up with was Queef LaQueefa.
  • Baden
    I was playing...Sapientia

I was with you up until then.
  • Maw
    I love shawarma
  • 0 thru 9
    Did you know that Earl Grey tea was named after Donald Trump? Some people say that it was named after Earl Grey, but that's fake news.Sapientia

Our Fearless Leader? Yes, now all our beverages are named after the Most Benevolent One and his healthy and exuberant family. All your soft drinks are belong to us. Right now, I’m sipping an diet Ivanksi soda. :starstruck:
  • Akanthinos
    Finally, the right is turning on Peterson!

https://jacobitemag.com/2018/07/10/jordan-peterson-agent-of-chaos/

"There is no reason, therefore, to believe that classical liberalism can serve as a substitute for religion in the political domain. The same goes for Jordan Peterson’s maverick blend of Jungianism, quasi-Christianity and self-help, however desperate Western men may now be for direction and guidance amid the West’s abysmal descent."
  • Maw
    The awkwardly named 'Intellectual Dark Web' reminds me of Ray Brassier's condemnation of Speculative Realism as a "cohesive intellectual movement", the existence of which, according to proponent Graham Harman is bound merely by the common rejection of correlationism. Brassier, however, argues that this is not a sufficient condition to form a unified movement, as this would require the inclusion of an exceptional range of otherwise highly diverse and anathema thinkers. It is flimsy criteria with which to fly a unified banner.

Likewise, the Intellectual Dark Web, which sounds like an evil organization from a cheesy 1980s children's cartoon, includes an assorted list of characters such as Ben Shapiro (a conservative Orthodox Jew), Sam Harris (Atheist), Michael Shermer (Skeptic), James Damore (fired from Google), Jordan Peterson (Jungian Psychologist), Steven Pinker (Linguist), Dave Rubin (Talk Show Host), Lindsey Shepard (a fired TA), and many others, whose only major commonality is a rejection of far-left politics, in particular "identity politics" and "political correctness". Otherwise, they hold many ideas which are at variance with one another.

Brassier denounces the purported existence of the Speculative Realism movement as nothing more than a "brand" in a specific consumerist sense - "philosophy-marketing". Similarly, the Intellectual Dark Web "movement" seems like nothing more than an opportunity to "sell" anti-leftism sentiment in the form of books, monetized YouTube videos, webinars, College lecture tours, and op-eds in the New York Times or The Wall Street Journal.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.