• john27
    The natural sweetnesses of the oats and milk are enough for mejamalrob

Damn you and your perfect argument. Everyone needs more sugar.
  • jamalrob
    Anyway unlike the French, I prefer a salty savoury breakfast.

Having said that, I won't say no to a banana.
  • john27
    Having said that, I won't say no to a banana.jamalrob

I knew a guy who ate bananas for breakfast for 20 years or something like that. Apparently, his immune system is super good and he goes on marathons.

Edit: Not to say eating banana's for breakfast is going to magically make you ready for marathons, but y'know.
  • jamalrob
    I see. But the question is, if I absolutely do not want to run any marathons, do I have to avoid bananas?
  • john27
    I see. But the question is, if I absolutely do not want to run any marathons, do I have to avoid bananas?jamalrob

Haha, I guess so. Well not too bad of a sacrifice, at least it wasn't apples. Or mangos. Or oranges.
  • jamalrob
    Ooft. Controversial.
  • praxis
    Bananas add the perfect sweetness to oatmeal. :yum:
  • T Clark
    I love this phrase. I think this could become a meme. BC, you could become a star.Noble Dust

You should start a thread, but then @jamalrob would just move it to the Lounge. Although maybe on something like the Philosophy of Food...
  • Hanover
    I'm told the potassium in bananas keeps your muscles from spasming, but what I find more interesting is how it is pronounced. I say bu-na-nuh whereas the British say bu-nah-nah.

Assuming you can see past the shameless sexuality of this video, this is the way British people say "banana":

If you want to know how Americans say banana, I've recorded myself saying it for you.
    Attachment
    Voice_message_New_conversation_002.amr (7K)
  • jamalrob
    :vomit:

I say it more like you than like that woman. She is representing south eastern English only.
  • jamalrob
    Collins used to be a great dictionary, and they made a point of saying that their IPA pronunciations were based on Received Pronunciation. Back then they'd never claim that was representative of British English. Garbage.
  • Hanover
    More importantly, the audio file I uploaded has now given me the idea of endless entertainment of things I can upload. Maybe I'll share talking to my cat, reciting Shakespeare, singing about my day, who really knows. I'm limited only by my time and creativity.
  • Hanover
    Collins used to be a great dictionary, and they made a point of saying that their IPA pronunciations were based on Received Pronunciation. Back then they'd never clain that was representative of British English. Garbage.jamalrob

I thought Brits said "rubbish" and not garbage. I'm beginning to question your Britishness. Just exactly who are you?
  • jamalrob
    I thought Brits said "rubbish" and not garbage.Hanover

Good point actually. Oddly enough I've been Americanized by Russians, because English-speaking Russians have been taught the American words and idioms and not the British.

I say cilantro and eggplant these days, but my pronunciation remains authentic.
  • Baden
    I like the way Colin says "banana". She's lovely. As are bananas. Or as we say in Ireland, bananas.
  • jamalrob
    Damn. No YouTube videos on how to say banana in Scots English. So now everyone thinks we all say banaaaawna. So angry right now.
  • Bitter Crank
    I don't believe it. Especially in Russia where the cows' fodder consists of bales of pre-collapse Pravda and lengthy texts on dialectics.

Oh, your comment on not needing sugar on porridge is several hours old. That's how all these other comments popped up since you said that.
  • jamalrob
    I don't believe it. Especially in Russia where the cows' fodder consists of bales of pre-collapse Pravda and lengthy texts on dialectics.Bitter Crank

Makes for the best milk!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Bananas add the perfect sweetness to oatmeal. :yum:praxis

Do you have any idea how many carbs are in a Banana let alone wait for it to go brown and then use it!
    With oatmeal? Good Lord! :gasp:
    Why not just put a couple of teaspoons of Honey on it and go for broke! :roll:
  • T Clark
    More importantly, the audio file I uploaded has now given me the idea of endless entertainment of things I can upload. Maybe I'll share talking to my cat, reciting Shakespeare, singing about my day, who really knows. I'm limited only by my time and creativity.Hanover

I was just surprised that your voice was so high and squeeky.
  • Baden
    Why not just put a couple of teaspoons of Honey on it and go for broke!ArguingWAristotleTiff

:yum:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I was just surprised that your voice was so high and squeeky.T Clark

You should hear him after walking in heels all night! :roll:
  • Raymond
    Maple syrup. The sweetest blood ever.
  • praxis
    Do you have any idea how many carbs are in a Banana let alone wait for it to go brown and then use it!
    With oatmeal? Good Lord! :gasp:
    Why not just put a couple of teaspoons of Honey on it an
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

About a hundred calories in a banana, which isn’t too bad, though surprisingly, a teaspoon of honey is only 21 calories. I would have never guessed that. How did Winnie the Pooh get so chubby? Anyway, blueberries are good too, but they can vary in sweetness or sourness, and some too far gone can have that dreaded mushyness. Half a cup is only 30 calories.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    About a hundred calories in a banana, which isn’t too bad, though surprisingly, a teaspoon of honey is only 21 calories. I would have never guessed that. How did Winnie the Pooh get so chubby? Anyway, blueberries are good too, but they can vary in sweetness or sourness, and some too far gone can have that dreaded mushyness. Half a cup is only 30 calories.praxis
    Carbs darlin, carbs. If you are on a keto diet ideally you stay under 12 carbs to 20 carbs in a day, depending on if you are wanting to maintain your weight or lose.
    26.95 carbs in the nana
    11 for a half cup blueberries
    5.71 for 1 tsp honey
    roughly 40 total without the carbs in the oats
  • Shawn

That would be nice. How are you doing in general my fellow philosopher?
  • Tom Storm
    I'm limited only by my time and creativity.Hanover

And our capacity to endure it... :wink:
  • Hanover
    Damn. No YouTube videos on how to say banana in Scots English. So now everyone thinks we all say banaaaawna. So angry right now.jamalrob

Feel free to upload your own audio file.
  • Hanover
    Someone ask me a question so I can respond with an audio file.

Not gonna say exactly how I'll respond, but this is the SHOUT box, so you figure out where this is headed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions