• T Clark
    do you think the incident in Waukesha was related to the Rittenhouse verdict?The Opposite

I have no idea.
  • The Opposite
    I'm predicting it is, and that if justice had actually been served, this wouldn't have happened. Will find out soon I guess...

Although I've just heard reports the suspect was fleeing another [crime] scene, so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. However, it is strange that this incident happened in the same area, not long after the Rittenhouse verdict...
  • Bitter Crank
    do you think the incident in Waukesha was related to the Rittenhouse verdict?The Opposite

It would be easier to suppose that the driver in today's event was connected to the Rittenhouse verdict if it had happened in Kenosha and not Waukesha, but it wouldn't rule it out, either.

With the minimal amount of information available (several hours after the event happened) it is impossible to know. It could be an act of terrorism, maybe criminal negligence, manslaughter, vengeance.... However, the Rittenhouse case was in Kenosha, the bad news today took pace in Waukesha. The two cities are about 30 miles apart. Kenosha, south of Milwaukee, is classed as part of the Chicago metropolitan area. Waukesha is on the west side of the Milwaukee metropolitan aea.

My off-the-cuff uninformed guess is that the two incidents were not related.
  • god must be atheist

Yes, definitely. They absolutely and without any doubt must be related.

You must consider the following when examining the facts: I have not listened to the news, I don't know what the Waukesha event was, I did not watch the charges, the trial, and the verdict for the Rittenhouse incident, I don't know what Rittenhouse did or did not, I don't know the map, demographics and racial distribution of people in Michigan, and there are tons of other information I don't know.
  • The Opposite
    The two cities are about 30 miles apart.Bitter Crank

30 miles is a stone's throw in terms of the US...
  • jamalrob
    I can just hope you see it in your heart to share with me your recipe so that I'm not stuck eating the cider and mustard soaked shit I've been recommendedHanover

Throw in some maple syrup, chocolate chips, and maybe some biscuits and gravy. You'll love it.
  • The Opposite
    I don't know the map, demographics and racial distribution of people in Michigangod must be atheist

It all happened in Wisconsin, not Michigan.
  • frank

Dark grey, cream, and nautical blue.
  • unenlightened
    Hmm. This fell into my unreality - How does that evidence thing work?

Inadmissible evidence:
    1. Video of Rittenhouse punching a girl half his size.
    2. Video of Rittenhouse saying he wished he had his AR-15 so he could shoot suspected shoplifters.
    3. Video of Rittenhouse displaying a White Power symbol and singing a Proud Boys anthem in public.
    Admissible evidence:
    1. One of his victims' mental health records.
  • T Clark
    It all happened in Wisconsin, not Michigan.The Opposite

Michigan, Wisconsin. They are just different names for the same place. Micheganders can't tell the difference. Neither can Wisconsinatarians.
  • frank
    don't forget taupe.The Opposite

oh yeah. and ecru
  • Bitter Crank
    30 miles is a stone's throw in terms of the US...The Opposite

Quite true, but it isn't the distance, per se, that makes me think they are not related. Guns, not SUVs, are overwhelmingly the preferred weapon for killing in the US. Had someone fired bullets into the crowd, it would seem much more like a response to the Kenosha verdict.

The Waukesha police are holding a press conference in about 10 minutes; that may clarify the question as to motive.
  • Bitter Crank
    Puce. The color was/is descriptive of fleas. Don't have fleas myself, so can't say whether that's true or not.
  • frank

Or oxblood. Never seen a real ox, much less its blood.
  • Bitter Crank
    Or oxblood. Never seen a real ox, much less its blood.frank

Oxblood is a nice color; it looks very much like your blood, assuming you are not a blue blood. The red matter oozing out of a burger might be ox blood. As for seeing oxen, you probably have. An ox is a trained steer, and you have most likely seen steers grazing in pastures green beside still waters. Oxen are good traction animals. A boiled ox makes a lot of broth, brother.
  • Bitter Crank
    As fate will have it, Sisyphus will end up rolling his rock through the halls of the Hilbert, cracking posts, crashing joists, and shattering walls. An infinite number of hotel guests will be run down by the unresting rock.
  • frank

Aha!

See a life-sized animal! Search "Ox" on Google and tap "View in 3D."

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ox
  • T Clark

I'm with @Bitter Crank. There appear to be four people on the ship, while there are an infinite number in the hotel. It's clear that killing four people is better than killing an infinite number. Divert to the ship.
  • god must be atheist
    It's clear that killing four people is better than killing an infinite number. Divert to the ship.T Clark
    Not if you and I are on the ship. Plus, an infinite number of people are detrimental to the environment. Even if they don't get killed, they will die in record time.

I hope the other two or three people on the ship are sexually compatible with me. Then we can repopulate the earth. Whether that's morally good or bad, depends if I and the sexually compatible people on the ship can get married before God or not. Otherwise the entire exercise is meaningless.
  • T Clark
    an infinite number of people are detrimental to the environment.god must be atheist

If there is a hotel that will accommodate an infinite number of people then there is no longer an environment to protect.
  • god must be atheist
    If there is a hotel that will accommodate an infinite number of people then there is no longer an environment to protect.T Clark
    That's right. So destroying the infinite number of people will restore the meaning of protecting the environment. There will be something to protect. With those things around, there will be nothing to protect, you're right.

There is a slight chance that the infinite number of people had not destroyed the environment when they moved into the hotel. If they survive, they do guarantee the end of the livable biosphere for humans, if there is any in the first place on their first check-in date.

Aside from that, they may be inhabiting a fundamentally different planet from Earth. Which, in turn, throws a brand-new monkey wrench on the situation.
  • T Clark
    That's right. So destroying the infinite number of people will restore the meaning of protecting the environment. There will be something to protect. With those things around, there will be nothing to protect, you're right.

There is a slight chance that the infinite number of people had not destroyed the environment when they moved into the hotel. If they survive, they do guarantee the end of the livable biosphere for humans, if there is any in the first place on their first check-in date.

Aside from that, they may be inhabiting a fundamentally different planet from Earth. Which, in turn, throws a brand-new monkey wrench on the situation.
    god must be atheist

Now this is what I really call philosophy!!
  • god must be atheist
    Thanks!!! It takes one to know one.
  • john27
    Is the shout box used to vent? Like if I have something I need to "shout", do I say that here?
  • Bitter Crank
    In the Shout Box you can whine, shout, mutter, bitch, carp, and more!

And welcome to The Philosophy Forum. If you are here long enough, you will find reasons to natter, bitch, carp, whine, shout, bleat, blatt, mutter... You might have something extremely positive to say here.
  • Bitter Crank
    There is a slight chance that the infinite number of people had not destroyed the environment when they moved into the hotel.god must be atheist

A hotel capable of containing an infinite number of guests would consume the universe, never mind the local environment. Unless, of course, the hotel had a dispensation (apply to the Department of the Interior) to hold an infinite number of guests in a finite space -- no larger than the average Hilton.

Can an infinite number of anything -- say up-quarks -- be contained in a finite container? I would think not.
  • john27
    ↪john27 In the Shout Box you can whine, shout, mutter, bitch, carp, and more!Bitter Crank

Well then, don't mind if I do:

I don't know why I am here to be honest. Here, in the philosophy forum. To be quite frank, I actually dislike philosophy quite a bit; the amount of hysterical situations I have been put through stemming from my inability to keep quiet about stupid, stupid, stupid thoughts is honestly staggering. I wish I wasn't compelled to ask my friends each time about things they have zero interest in. I wish that if I were to watch the Truman show with my brother and my mom, that after we wouldn't have to start yelling at each other like madmen in three hours just because I decided to have a "little" conversation. It feels like my body compels me to ask dumb ass questions everyday, and I can't help it. I'm not even good at philosophy! I have never fully read a philosophy book in my life. I don't have the mental discipline to educate myself on whats already been said, and can't be bothered too. I'm just to lazy. Im forever mediocre, and yet I can't resist the bubbling feeling in my gut that says if I don't ask that question, I'm going to explode.

Maybe I'm mental. I don't know.

I don't know if that was good for me or not, but I feel better.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions