• Noble Dust

Of course I'm eternally indebted to you. But where have I shown signs of despotism? So far, I've provided a second commentary of round two of the game, and I continue to debate Janus. That's all I've done in office so far.
  • Janus

But I am not in a position of power such as to be able to oppress. Liberation comes when it is realized that within this game there is no real power.
  • T Clark
    Of course I'm eternally indebted to you. But where have I shown signs of despotism? So far, I've provided a second commentary of round two of the game, and I continue to debate Janus. That's all I've done in office so far.Noble Dust

My work here is done.
  • Janus
    should we make it a formal rule?Hanover

works better as an informal privelege.
  • Noble Dust
    A general admonishment to the players, and to would be players: Please be thoughtful in contributing the next rule. The game can easily descend into incomprehensibility without rules that work well together.
  • T Clark
    But I am not in a position of power such as to be able to oppress. Liberation comes when it is realized that within this game there is no real power.Janus

Said the guy who is not Da Man.
  • Janus
    My work here is done.T Clark

Apparently, my work here is dung. :’(
  • Noble Dust

Not at all; anyone, including yourself, can add a rule, and you've added several. That gives you power, and you can use that power in many ways, including oppression.
  • Janus

At least his work there is not dung!
  • Janus

Yes, but it all relies on being listened to, since economics plays not part; and the listeners are fickle.
  • T Clark
    Apparently, my work here is dung.Janus

Your gracious humility is admirable.
  • Noble Dust

Do you feel you haven't been listened to here?
  • Janus

Yet my dung is not.
  • Janus

I can both affirm and deny that, and neither affirm nor deny that.
  • Noble Dust

I don't understand.
  • Janus
    Is that a result of the change in clientele, or of changing times?Banno

I think they are co-arisen.
  • Janus

To put it differently: I have both been listened to and not been listened to, and have neither been listened, nor not listened to.
  • Janus
    The game may seem to be languishing, but I sense that a great inscrutable architecture is being worked out.
  • Banno
    The crucification is coming along nicely.
  • Janus
    "crucification"Banno

That's not a word, except by B fiat. If we can make up rules, then I suppose we can also make up words?
  • Sir2u
    Rule number whatever.

Discussion at any time must fall into the "about the validity of a rule" category.

Rule number whatever + 1.

Discussion of all rules of a political nature are forbidden.
  • Banno
    That's not a word...Janus

Don't be absurd; if "Crucification" is not a word, what is it?
  • Janus

When I google 'crucification' I am redirected to 'crucifixion'. I did qualify "except by B fiat". I know what you meant when you used it, though; so it is serviceable.
  • Sir2u
    if "Crucification" is not a word, what is it?Banno

It is a group of letters that someone put together to provide a topic for discussion.
  • Shawn
    Rule one states that "Rules cannot be imposed on other rules previously made from henceforth." Already, this is problematic, because of course the rules will need to interact with one another.Noble Dust

If the rules obey each other, then they are interacting.
  • Banno
    @Noble Dust has dropped the ball.

I need a new messenger. Takers?
  • T Clark

@Noble Dust has dropped the ball.

I need a new messenger. Takers?
    Banno

Keeping in mind that you no longer have any authority and that @Noble Dust is Da Man, you certainly have the right to solicit or propose new rules. Again - ND will be the final arbiter of whether the new rules are acceptable and how they are to be interpreted. Perhaps it was a mistake for you to cede your authority to him.

Hey, @Noble Dust, get off the dang roof.

• Banno
    you no longer have any authorityT Clark

I used the phrase "In whom I am well pleased". Not so pleased with @Noble Dust at the moment.
  • T Clark
    I used the phrase "In whom I am well pleased". Not so pleased with Noble Dust at the moment.Banno

Although I agree with you that @Noble Dust has not lived up to my expectations for his performance, I can only respond with a phrase we use here in the US - "tough toenails." I don't know if you use it in Australia. Your opinion counts for no more than mine or ProgramingGodJordan's at this point.
  • Noble Dust

I haven't dropped the ball; no one seems to want to add a new rule.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.