• Janus

What does that symmetry relate to? By itself it is trivial. Did I anywhere say that Astrology is mysterious?
  • Banno
    I've lost track of this conversation.

Think I might go work on "Breakfast at sweetheart's" instead.
  • Janus

So, you're a fan of CC? Bit early in the day to listen to that, isn't it? Doug Mulray once ran a faux competition on 2MMM where the prize was a Jimmy Barnes alarm clock...
  • Banno
    Perfect breakfast song. Poaching a few eggs and making coffee. I just can't get the rhythm right, despite it being quite simple.
  • Janus

Cool. :)
  • Punshhh
    But knowledge is justified...

How can astrology be justified? Beyond Jungian handwaving.
    Perhaps the individual enquirer can achieve his/her own justification, for it to be accepted as knowledge, for themselves.

When I referred to an interest in such sources within spirituality, I took it for granted that alternative criteria may be considered.
  • Banno
    When I referred to an interest in such sources within spirituality, I took it for granted that alternative criteria may be considered.Punshhh

Can you give and example or explain what alternative criteria might be used?
  • Punshhh
    Can you give and example or explain what alternative criteria might be used?
    The process of personal transfiguration. Such a process may require an uncoupling from interpersonal intellectual understanding provided by other people, in order to develop the mind of the individual in different ways.
  • Sapientia
    Can you give and example or explain what alternative criteria might be used?Banno

Astrology can be justified by the methodological process of interpersonal and spiritual individuation via an intellectual transfiguration of the mystifying understanding of the developmental uncoupling of differential jargon in a multitude of ways.

And because twelve.
  • Cuthbert
    Everything is a goat, therefore I am a Capricorn.
  • charleton
    If there is any credibility in the idea that there are cryptic messages in the stars concerning our future. Then that should be easy enough to demonstrate.
    If there is any credibility that a person's character is related to where the sun was at the time of his or her birth then that should be determinable with a few simple questions.
    SO. As I said above guess my star sign!
    Ask as many questions about my character, as you like then make a guess. You can even have a few wrong answers.
    Any challengers?
  • charleton
    12 disciples; 12 pennies in a shilling; 12 to a dozen; 12 tribes of Israel; 12 members of a jury - it is just soooooo spooky.
  • Myttenar
    Propinquity! One can quantify interpersonal relationships using felific calculus :)
  • charleton
    Conversely, a top-class intellectual might have an aberrant belief in astrology, elves or some other nonsense.Cuthbert

I think not. H. G. Wells was no intellectual, but a writer of fantasies.
    Pythagoras was born into a age of ignorance; ignorance he did much to dispel.
    Given the growth in astronomy and science the quote on astrology sticks.
  • Cuthbert
    "Ask as many questions about my character, as you like then make a guess. You can even have a few wrong answers. Any challengers?"

Do you live on a hillside and chase sheep? Aries. Do you use a bow and arrow? Sagittarius. Have you never? Virgo. Are you going to say my post is funny and then tell me I'm stupid? Scorpio.

It's easy when you know how.
  • charleton
    NO.
    You are supposed to ask questions first!
  • Cuthbert
    OK. What's your star sign? Is it Capricorn?
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.